Sixty Four

'Eighteen Years Later'

Danielle Diggory placed the star on top of the Christmas tree, smiling from her father's shoulders

Danielle Diggory placed the star on top of the Christmas tree, smiling from her father's shoulders. Lori clapped happily as she was set on the ground, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Merry Christmas, everyone!" Amos said jovially, raising his goblet into the air with a grin, "And a happy birthday to Danielle!"

"Merry Christmas and happy birthday!" they all replied in unison.

A large pile of presents was heaped beneath the tree, spilling out into the middle of the living room. Golden ribbon glinted in the fire light, wine dancing in four of the five glasses.

With a nod from Cedric, Danielle dived towards the closest box, "Oh, this one's from me."

She handed it to Amos with a wide grin, her granddad ripping the red paper open to reveal a picture of the numerous Weasleys, all beaming and laughing from the photo.

Ellie and Lori were stood next to each other, their hands resting on the shoulders of their daughters, whose hair both flamed red.

"Oh look, Petronella," he chuckled, showing his wife the moving image, "it's the clan."

Piles of wrapping paper seemed to appear out of nowhere as laughter filled the living room of the Den. The second to last present was handed to Danielle.

It was a small envelope, the size of a letter.

The four adults shared an excited look as she examined the front, before pulling the parchment from its case.

"Dear Miss Diggory," she began, "we are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Danielle's head shot up, her jaw hung open, "No bloody way!"

She tackled her parents into a hug as everyone laughed, squeezing them tightly around the waist.

"And yes," Cedric smiled down at her, "I've already accepted on your behalf."

"Best birthday Christmas ever." she laughed, hugging her grandparents next.

"Oh," Amos mused, "there's one last present."

He bent down, fishing the small box from out under the tree, turning the tag over, "To Cedric, love Lori."

Cedric smiled at his wife as his father handed him the present. The last set of wrapping paper fell away, a Chocolate Frog meeting his eyes.

"Seriously?" he laughed, "Wasn't this the first thing we ever gave each other?"

"Yep," Lori nodded, "but I think you might want to check out the card."

Brows knitting together in confusion, he handed the treat to his daughter as he pulled out the card, turning it over to reveal Lori's picture.

He smiled as he read aloud, "Lori Weasley is best known as the leader of the Order of the Phoenix, taking the position after the Battle of Little Whinging. She was a proud Gryffindor, becoming both Quidditch captain and prefect in her fifth year, as well as Head Girl in her seventh. Lori Weasley enjoys spending time with family, especially when broomsticks and Quaffles are involved."