Thirty Four

'Department of Mysteries'

Cedric and Lori burst into Umbridge's office, faced with Neville, Luna, Ginny and Ron being held by members of the Inquisitorial Squad

"All right," Cedric began, "we're here to relieve you of duty."

Malfoy smirked, "Diggory, why on earth would we let you do that?" The Hufflepuff began to pull out his wand, before Crabbe and Goyle pointed their wands at him, "I wouldn't try that. The pair of you, give us your wands."

Struck with a brilliant idea, Lori brought her wand from her packet, some of her brothers' Puking Pastilles spilling on to the floor, the orange and yellow wrapped sweet clattering against the wood.

Pansy Parkinson's eyes lit up, smacking her lips like a slobbering dog, "Oi, boys! Filthy Weasley had sweets!"

Malfoy roughly shoved Lori, pulling her pocket out and grabbing the rest of them, throwing one each to the Slytherins. It was almost humourous to watch as their grins faded into sheer terror, before the contents of their breakfasts reappeared on the floor.

Lori smirked, plucking all eight of their wands from Malfoy's hands, "I'll be taking those."

She threw each one to their rightful owner and racing down to the Forbidden Forest. They met Harry and Hermione on the Wooden Bridge.

"How'd you lot get away?" Hermione asked as she ran towards them.

"Puking Pastilles." Ginny grinned, "It wasn't pretty."

Lori gave Harry and Hermione their wands, "Dropped one in front of Pugface Parkinson, she was stupid enough to eat one."

Cedric smiled, "They all were."

"So," Neville began, "how are we getting to London?"

Harry coughed, "It's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, but I've got you into enough trouble as it is."

Lori caught his arm, "This is the exact reason the Order of the Phoenix was formed."

Neville nodded, "Dumbledore's Army was supposed to be about something real. Or was it just words to you?"

"You don't have to do this alone, mate." Ron agreed.

It was a few moments before Harry conceded, "So, how are we going to get to London?"

A smile came onto Luna's face, "We fly, of course!"

*

Seemingly thousands of shelves stretched up and out as far as the eye could see, dull glass orbs on every available inch.

Beads of light gently glowed from each of their wands, illuminating the impenetrable darkness that choked around them.

Harry darted forwards, counting down the shelves until he found Sirius's body, stopping when the spot from his dreams was coated in the same amount of dust as the rest of the infinitely large building, "He should be here!"