Nineteen

'The Final Match'

Tensions rang high on the Gryffindor table the next day as the match against Hufflepuff would determine who won the Cup

Tensions rang high on the Gryffindor table the next day as the match against Hufflepuff would determine who won the Cup. Lori was the first to rise, dragging a snoring Katie from her bed before waking the others.

There was a divide between the Ravenclaws, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students over who to support, though most swayed in favour of the Gryffindors as they were leading by nearly 200 points.

But, the team weren't nervous to face Hufflepuff, they would need to catch the Snitch with a lead of at least six goals, which is were their problem was.

Only Cedric had been replaced in their team, but over half of the Gryffindor team had either been bumped up from reserve, was new to the team, or was playing an entirely new position.

Leanne had followed Lori and Katie back up to the Gryffindor tower to help them carry some banners down to the Great Hall, even if they were playing against her own house.

"Hey, Leanne?" Katie suddenly mused. The Hufflepuff girl hummed in response, putting some of the banners on Lori's shoulder, "You never did tell us who you went to the Yule Ball with."

Leanne's jaw clenched, "Maybe because I don't want you to know?"

Lori sent Katie a warning glance, not that she paid her any heed, "But we're your best friends? Why wouldn't you tell us? Lori and I told you who we went with!"

Leanne rolled her eyes, but Katie ploughed on, "Are you embarrassed or something? Did you even have a date?"

Leanne rounded on Katie, her eyes flaming with anger as she screamed, "I went with a girl, okay! Does that satisfy you?"

The Hufflepuff shot one last look at Katie, before racing out of the Common Room. Only then did Katie realise her mistake as Lori followed their friend.

"Leanne?" Lori asked, racing down the stairs after her, "Leanne?"

"What?" she stopped halfway down the staircase and turned as Lori got to her, "Come to laugh at me because I went with a girl and not as friends?"

Lori pulled her into a hug, "I don't care that you went with a girl. As long as she makes you happy, I'm fine with it."

Katie caught up to them, carrying all the banners on her shoulders, "Leanne, I'm so sorry! I didn't realise it was a touchy subject."

"It's okay, you guys weren't to know." she said, wrapping an arm around each of their shoulders, "We wanted to keep it secret, because she's not sure how her parents would take it."

Leanne smiled at each of them, "Turns out they were really supportive about us."

"Aww, that's so sweet." Lori chuckled, "Are you two dating, or..?"

Leanne smirked, "Yep. I'm officially dating Cho Chang."

*

The Lions walked out onto the pitch first, greeted by a louder set of cheers than when the Badgers came on after. It felt so weird to Lori to not see Cedric leading them out, but instead their vice Captain and Keeper, Herbert Fleet.