Sixty Two

'Flight of the Headmaster'

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour," Snape began, "it's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour," Snape began, "it's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade."

Whispers rippled around the hall, before Snape silenced them, "Now, should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty."

"Now then," he continued, looking down at the students, "if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward now."

Cedric stared resolute beside Ellie, much like the rest of the school.

Gasps rose up as Harry and Lori strode out from the Gryffindor section, Fawkes appearing on her shoulder.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster." Harry said.

The door to the Great Hall swung open as the Order of the Phoenix filed in, Kingsley and Lupin at the front, with the rest of the Weasleys, including Percy, along with Amos and Petronella Diggory behind them.

"And I'm afraid it's quite extensive." Lori added.

Harry glared at Snape, "How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them!"

Snape drew his wand, Professor McGonagall standing in front of her two former students as everyone pressed up against the wall, Cedric coming to stand beside Lori, their wands raised.

Some people screamed as McGonagall shot flames at Snape, though he easily defended himself. She did so again, and again and again, both of the Carrows flying back with a groan, landing unconscious on the steps.

Snape morphed to black smoke, before smashing through the main window.

"Coward!" McGonagall bellowed as everyone cheered, flames leaping into life in their brackets, Cedric lifted Lori with a smile and whirled her around.

Suddenly, a girl's terrified scream tore through the celebration. A small Hufflepuff fell to the floor, clutching her ears as she shrieked, another joining her.

"I know that many of you will want to fight." Voldemort's voice echoed in their ears, "Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly."