Chapter 9 - Hangout

UPDATED 3/3/2024

The next day

You woke up from a peaceful, undisturbed sleep, the best kind. The previous night, you and Katsuki had disguised skipping the gym to catch up on cleaning and to just take a rest day. Not to mention you didn't have a ride, and the rain was still beating down. If only you'd stayed in America a little bit longer, you could have gotten your license, though you weren't sure if Japan would give you a new one due to your age.

You looked out at your half-drowned yard, puddles forming as the grass seemed to suffocate. Whirlpools formed just around gutters, and passing cars sent relentless waves onto the sidewalk. A sense of nostalgia filled you. You remembered how you used to play in the rain with your friends, looking for worms that'd made their way to the surface, seeing who's leaf boats would fill the fastest. If you had one wish, it would be to return to a time when things were as simple as that.

Leaving your room for the first time that morning, you headed to the kitchen. To your surprise, the house was empty, only a note left on the counter. It read: I took your sisters to work with me today since I need to bring them to tour thier new school after. If you need anything call me, and once again CONGRATS!

You smiled, then turned to open the fridge and find something to eat. Pulling out something simple, you let a sigh leave your lips as things suddenly became lonely. Though, the rain always seemed to give you a melancholic feeling.

Putting something together, you walked to the table to sit down and enjoy it, making a bit of coffee on the side as well. Then, pulling your phone out for the first time, you saw the time. 10 AM. It made sense since you'd fallen asleep late the night before.

Then, as you were scrolling through social media, you got a text.

Blondie
Did you get it

You
What?

Blondie
Your uniform dumbass

You
IDK

Quickly, you got up from your seat, going to check. As soon as you opened the door, you looked down to see a package on the front steps.

You
Yeah, I did. Come over we should try them on together

Blondie
STFU, I'll be over in 5

You laughed at his usual childish response, finishing your food and then putting your plate away. Just as you finished, Katsuki walked through the door, shaking off an umbrella and slipping off his shoes as the rain only pounded harder outside.

"You look nice," you laughed, looking at him in a tank top and pajama pants.

"Shut up, you didn't even brush your hair yet," he scoffed, seeing as you were dressed in an old shirt and shorts you weren't even sure were yours.

"Yeah, I don't give a fuck," you shrugged, heading up to your room as he followed.

"Alright," you said, walking into your room and shutting the door behind you. "You can go get changed first, we'll do this fashion show style," you smiled. He scoffed, but did it, silently heading into the bathroom with the package.

You sat on the bed, looking at your phone some more as he got ready. Only moments later, he walked out, shirt half unbuttoned, tie nowhere in sight, jacket messily done. "What is wrong with you, what the actual fuck is wrong with you? You look like a delinquent," you scoffed, looking him up and down.

"What! I look great!" he yelled back, and all you could do was shake your head. Then. grabbing your bag, you headed into the bathroom to change while Katuski took a seat on your bed.