Chapter 28 ~ The pool

Our first semester at UA has just ended, and summer vacation has just begun. We don't have time to relax though, the summer training camp, is coming up, and I want to be as prepared as possible. To get ready, I was probably going to run a lot. Most people complain about running and say that it's too hard, but I liked it.

Katsuki normally went on runs with me, but today he refused to leave his house. When I went to his house, Mitsuki opened the door. She went up to his room and tried to get him out, but when she came back down, she said he wouldn't budge. Apparently, he yelled something about "shitty hair" trying to make him go somewhere, so I just went on the run by myself.

I was out for a run on my own, when I got stopped by my pink-haired friend. "(y/n), over here," she called out, I jogged over to her as she motioned towards me. "What's up?" I asked, her face practically lit up, "Are you still coming to the pool this afternoon? we got permission from Mr. Aizawa," she asked.

"Yeah, I just have to finish my run," I said, "cool! I'll see you there," she said before running off. I quickly jogged the rest of the way home to pack my bag. Momo texted me and said that we'd be wearing our school swimsuits, so that's what I packed.

I was still kind of disappointed we couldn't take any long trips over summer vacation. My family was going to go to America to visit family and friends. During school, the girls and I planned to go to the pool since we couldn't go anywhere else.

I got to the pool and saw the rest of the girls waiting in the locker room. "Hey," I said, we greeted each other and finished getting changed. To be honest, I didn't really mind the school suits, they weren't attractive, but they were functional.

Once we got outside, we started stretching. In the middle of our stretching, Kaminari and Mineta came racing into the pool area, looking defeated. "hey guys, I didn't know you'd be here," I yelled from across the pool, glad that I decided to wear the school suit.

While the boys were doing their endurance training, we were playing volleyball in the water. "Hey mina, the boys don't look too bad in their swimsuits don't you think?" I whispered, "Totally," she giggled with a smirk on her face.

We were talking a bit when I hear a very familiar voice. It was Katsuki, he was marching over to Midoryia like he was going to kill him. "Hey, Katsuki!" I yelled while waving my hand. It turns out Kirishima had to drag him here. Katsuki just walked into Kirishima's hand like a sims character.The boys were going to do a swimming race so we got out of the pool to help out. Katsuki was talking about how he was going to beat Midoryia and Todoroki, so I decided to piss him off. 

"Hey, Goodluck Midoryia, you too, Todoroki," I said. I felt Katsuki glare at me once I stopped talking, "What about me!" he yelled, "what do you mean 'what about me'," I said with a clueless look on my face, "Well aren't you going to wish me good luck!?" he asked, I just giggled at his outburst.

"Bakugou, does it really matter?" Todorki asked him, "Of course it matters!" he screamed, "Oh, I didn't realize you got jealous so easily," I continued, only making the situation worse. "I'm not jealous!" he yelled while stomping his foot and crossing his arms, "Well good luck Katsuki," I said before talking to the girls again.

Most of the class was looking at us from making such a scene, but I shook it off. "He was totally jealous," Mina snickered, "I know right," I giggled back. I started laughing again once I heard the boys teasing Katsuki, he just threatened to blow them up but that didn't stop them.

The race started and Momo was the ref. Katsuki won the race by a longshot without even touching the water. "How was that!" he yelled at me, "A bit slow," I said, he looked pissed and got ready for the next race.

Todoroki and Midoryia both won their races and I cheered for both of them, only angering Katsuki more. "What' your problem!?" he yelled at me, "What do you mean?" I asked, acting as clueless as possible. He stormed off and lined up for his next race.

I always found joy in pissing the blonde off. It was just always so easy to get him mad or to tease him about the little things. I also just liked spending time with him. Some people would think I'm crazy, but he had a soft side, one that he rarely ever showed, and mean rarely.

"Its time for the last race, Bakugou, Midoryia, and Todoroki, as winners of each heat, you will be competing against each other to determine the winner," Iida announced, Katsuki sent a glare my way, one that said 'it's going to be me'. I replied with a smirk and he whipped his head around.

"Listen you two, don't you dare hold back, give it everything you got, I don't want a half-assed win from either of you," The blonde growled, "I will," Todoroki said, Midoryia replied with the same thing.

Everyone was cheering, even me. I saw Katsuki give me one last look as I cheered his name. It looked like he had a whole new sense of pride as he looked forward. They prepared their quirks and Iida began the countdown.

"Get set," he yelled and then blew the whistle. The three boys jumped but fell straight into the water. Everyone was wondering what happened until we heard the gruff voice of our teacher. "It's 5 PM, your authorized pool time is officially over, go home," he said, still activating his quirk. Some of the students complained but backed down when the man glared at them. "Are you questioning me?" he hissed, no one responded and then he left.

Once we got dressed and ready, I walked home with Kirishima and Katsuki. "damn it, I can't believe he stopped the race like that," Katsuki complained while kicking a rock, "Yeah, I know how you feel but cool your blaster's man, those two aren't just your opponents, they're our friends," Kirishima reshared him, "Yeah, I bet you would have won anyway," I said with a smile.

"What's going on with you, you were just acting all mean a second ago and now you're complimenting me!" Katsuki yelled, "I wasn't acting mean, It's just so fun to tease you," I laughed, he just grunted and looked forward, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Come on Mr, grumpy, let's go!" I yelled as Kirishima and Me started to run ahead of him, he just jogged after us.

We got home and I laid in my bed. 'Training camp is going to be fun', I thought to myself, right before I drifted off to sleep.

Word count: 1223