Chapter 55 ~ Invitation

Un-edited

This was my first day back at school. I went straight to classes and clearly avoided Katsuki. It was lunch right now, and I was sitting with, Todoroki, Tsu, and the rest of that bunch.

Even they questioned why I was avoiding them, and that angered me even more. Why did I have to be the one to break the news?

Several times throughout the beginning of the lunch period, Kaminari and Mina had come over to ask various questions, but I ignored them. I knew that If I listened, they would most likely persuade me to come to sit with them.

"So, (y/n), why were you gone for so long?" Uraraka asked, I lifted my head and snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh, I was sick," I answered, lowering my head again.

The group began to chatter again, and I got lost in my thoughts. As soon as the bell had wrung, I hopped out of my chair and pushed passed people while I ran to class.

Most people would be in a slump, I did just go through a breakup, but I wasn't one of those people. I was done crying over Katsuki. If he didn't even care enough to break up with me in person, he wasn't worth the tears.

I got to the classroom first, well, first besides Aoyama. He and I talked for a short while until everyone started to file into the room. I left to go and chat with my typical friend group until the lesson began.

The only thing missing was Katsuki. Everything felt different without his yelling, he just stayed quiet in his seat. I would have invited him over, but I had the feeling he didn't want to talk.

Unlike most ex-girlfriends, I didn't have any problem with Katsuki in the slightest. I missed having him as a friend, our petty fights, our random conversations, everything, I missed it.

I covered my mouth and rubbed my eyes as they began to sting. "I have to use the bathroom, tell Mr. Aizawa I'll be a bit late to class," I said to Mina, rushing out.

I got out of the classroom and ran to the bathroom. I ran into a stall and sat on the floor, letting my tears flow. The tears wouldn't stop, no matter how much I tried.

All I could think about was all the good times we had together, not just in our relationship, but in our friendship. We used to be so close, then I just had to go and fuck things up.

The bathroom door opened and I heard a familiar voice. "(y/n), are you in here? It's been a while, Mr. Aizawa wanted me to come and get you," I heard Momo say.

I quickly wiped my eyes and headed out of the stall. "Hey, are you okay? you okay? Your eyes are really red," she asked me, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just rubbed some hand sanitizer in my eyes," I laughed.

Momo bought in and I pretend to wash my eyes out. We walked back to class together and I explained my fake story to Aizawa. He seemed a bit less convinced but in the end, he just let it go.

The class went on and I forgot all about what happened. The next few classes also ran smoothly. I was in a good mood and a clear head. My notes were up to date and I found in easy to pay attention.

We had a break period and two more classes. The break period started and Sero and I began to talk. Next thing I know, Kirishima, Mina, and Kaminari are dragging Katsuki over to the two of us.

They just stood there with Katsuki at their sides. "Come, one man, talk to her, you two haven't talked all day," Kirishima said, elbowing him. Katsuki didn' even flinch, he just stood there, looked at the floor, and took the hit.

"Hey, guys, I have to go and talk to Midoryia," I said, beginning to walk away. He didn't even react, not even a grunt. The others started harassing, obviously catching on that something was going on between the two of us.