Chapter- 6

It might take years to fall in love, but it wouldn't even take a second to fall in love with the one whom your heart already have chosen for him

(Affu)

One might take days, years or even a lifetime to fall in love but that doesn't stop his heart from falling for the person who used to be the one he loved since forever.

Our Nest

Nandini couldn't even move from her place. She stood her on debating with herself whether to open the door or be locked inside for the entire night. But with Manik? Not happening.

While, Manik stood there watching her getting scared. It was always him who take all her worries out but the irony it is, the same person have become the reason of her worries, now.

She walked towards the door while taking baby steps and he kept staring at her movements though, his heart wanted to stop her.

"Mamma..are you in there? Damn, this is locked. She's supposed to be in here." she heard Prathik's voice and her heartbeats were raising. She turned to Manik to glare at him, who masked himself to be a cruel guy in front of her.

"Bhai. What are you doing here? I thought you were in kitchen." Nandini stopped walking on hearing Alishka's voice.

"Actually, Mamma isn't opening the door..wait, is that cake? Our RED VELVET CAKE it is, Alishka Dhawan and you're busy relishing it without us?" this time it was Manvik's voice.

"So what? It's not written anywhere that you can't eat that which isn't your favorite. Plus, I think Bua is in the study with Papa. I have seen Naanu and Big Naanu moving towards Papa's study." and Nandini breathed a sigh of relief on hearing her sons agreeing to Alishka and moving away.

Manik: Relieved, huh?!

She looked back at him to see him smirking. He walked towards her and corned her to the door.

Manik: Maybe, this is your last chance. Kya patha aise situations phir aaye par bachane keliye koi nahi aayega. Hmm?

Nandini (raged): Why are you doing it, Manik? What are you going to get in return?

He pulled her to him building lots of emotions in them.

Manik (gritted his teeth): Because, I want to see you broken. Did you hear me? Broken, all broken in bits of pieces just like how you broke me.

And he walked out after opening the door while she thumped on the floor in tears.

Nandini (muttered): I'm already broken, Manik. Farak ithna hai ki..tumne kabhi notice nahi kiya.

She wiped her tears and walked out of the room making sure that none noticed her coming out of it. But she was wrong.

Someone did see her coming them out and it was Navya!

Navya (smiled to herself): Chahe nafrath keliye hi sahi, you both are coming together and I'll make sure that I'll get you both together for your love.

She was determined and that was the reason why she sent her daughter to the boys so that Nandini could be saved from any accusations or her sons' questions.

Downstairs

Dinner time

Adyant: Nandu, we have finalized the place for our project. You need to have a look at it, tomorrow.

Nandini nodded though she was praying in her heart that he doesn't reveal out she wasn't with them in the study.

Navya's case was no less. She was thinking for an idea to stop Adyant from speaking anything related to it.