Chapter- 18

Running away isn't the solution but fighting is

(_thehijabiwrites)

You come across a problem, a situation or a fight. Don't run away. Instead, be a part of it. If you're asked to fight, then fight it. If you're asked to oppose, then oppose it. Running away will take you right back to where you left. Hence, its not the right solution, be it anyone or any problem.

Our Nest

Prathik looked around the Mansion for Karthik like a crazy soul as tonight was supposed to be their night but the one who decided is missing.

Prathik: Where the hell is this Karthik!

Finally, he reached Karthik's room and tried to look over there too as he thought Karthik wouldn't be there. He never goes to his bedroom until he needs something from there. He hates loneliness!

Prathik pushed the door open only to gasp.

Prathik: What the f***!!!

He cursed as a mere whisper on seeing the entire room damaged. The curtains were no more on the railing. Books were thrown here and there. He could also see broken pieces of glass, which he supposed it to be of light lamp. His head moved from left to right frantically in search of his brother as he knew the situation isn't good now.

Prathik (whispered): Bhai.

There, he saw his Big Brother curled up in a ball, in the corner of the room. Taking long steps, Prathik reached towards Karthik and bent to his level on his knees.

Prathik: Karthik!

But, there was no answer. Karthik was simply looking through the window watching over his stars. Prathik was about to touch him, when he noticed dried tear marks on his cheeks making him to stare at him teary-eyed.

Prathik: Bhai!

He held Karthik's hands making him to turn towards Prathik without any emotion on his face.

Prathik: Hey! What's wrong?

His voice came out as a mere whisper while holding onto his brother's arms. But Karthik kept silent. The moment, he got to know that Manik Malhotra is the same person for whom they waited for 9 years of their lives, he lost it. He lost every ounce of energy he had in him. He felt noting but anger, hurt, pain, frustration and a feeling to destroy something which he did. He destroyed his room.He vented all his frustration on those non-living things present in his room. All thanks to the technology that every room in the Mansion was sound-proofed.

Prathik: Why the hell are you silent? Speak up, idiot!

He shook his brother who got to his sense and Prathik, for a moment, felt scared. Karthik might lose calm but he was always the matured one among them. He has seen Manvik weak. Manvik and Prathik punch each other whenever they get tired of fighting their problems but Karthik never did it. He kept everything inside. He never vented on anyone. He never said how much he wants to meet his father.

Karthik: He..He is here!

He mumbled but Prathik frowned hearing it.

Prathik: What are you saying, Bhai?

Tears brimmed in Karthik's eyes and he held Prathik's hands.

Karthik: God does listen..to our prayers..HE does!