Chapter- 21

Love is beautiful while siblings' love is stupefying

(Affu)

Everyone has a love story. Some just love their parents while some fall in love with a partner. But there's an extraordinary love which is of a sibling's love. That love is supportive and the most wanted because you know, let any door get closed in front of you but not your sibling's.

Our Nest

Boys' Room

Manvik: He could have told us, okay? He really could have!

He yelled before breaking throwing a vase at the mirror in their room which got broken into bits.

Karthik: Manvik, stop it! Mamma shouldn't know about it.

He tried to make his brother sit on the bed who shoved his hands away.

Manvik: You didn't tell us, either Bhai.

He stared at Karthik in agony who stared at him with his lips formed in a thin line, as if he was asking himself not to cry.

Manvik: You should have told the other night that you knew everything. What was the need of these riddles? You could have told us.

He looked away and punched in the wall making him to taste pain as he was still weak. Karthik pushed Manvik on the bed and covered him with the blanket.

Karthik: Sleep. You're not stable enough to think anything, now.

He was about to walk away when he felt a tug on his wrist. He turned to find it was Prathik's hold. He frowned as his little brother was busy in assaulting his punching bag till now.

Prathik: Should I also sleep?

Karthik: What?

Prathik: I'm sorry, Bhai.

The next second, Prathik punched in Karthik's jaws which just widened Manvik's eyes. Prathik never raised his hand to punch Karthik. It was always Manvik whom he used to punch to vent his anger. While Karthik looked up in shock.

Prathik: You. You hid it, Bhai. Like. You hid such a big truth from us.

Karthik looked away on not able to meet his gaze.

Prathik: Why can't you stop torturing yourself for once, Bhai?

Karthik snapped his head at Prathik in surprise who had tears in his eyes. He held Karthik's collars and more tears started to flow out of those eyes.

Prathik: He wasn't just mine or Manvik's father but yours too. He was your father too. Didn't you feel the pain, Bhai?

That was the moment, Karthik shed a tear drop and Prathik pushed him away.

Prathik (shouted): You broke yourself on the other night and let us to enjoy, Bhai. Dad matters to us but not more than you, okay? You drank all the pain inside and gave some stupid shit like riddles to us. Damn it, Karthik Malhotra! All you had to do was to yell at us and share the truth. But you didn't. How can you! After all, you're infamous for bearing everything alone.

He turned to Manvik whose gaze has softened by now.

Prathik: And you! Stupid Malhotra!

Manvik turned to face Prathik who moved ahead to punch in his face when Karthik stopped him making him to let a frustrated sigh out.

Prathik: You were blaming him? Our Bhai? Our Bhai who himself was broken to know about our father's truth. You think Bhai would hide such an important reality of our lives from us. Don't you know him, you imbecile? Place yourself in his place and think.