Chapter- 19

Love your mother but never forget him, the one who held your finger when you fell-YOUR FATHER

(_thehijabiwrites)

People say that loving and taking care of your mother is one of the best deed that you can do. Very true, it is. A mother is that person who brought you to this world. Without her, you wouldn't have been anywhere but what about your father? Just because, he didn't carry you in a womb doesn't make him unworthy of your love. When you fell, he held your fingers and asked you to fight the demons of your life. When you cry, he asked you not to show your weakness to the world. And when you fight with someone, he asked you to be gentle so that none could point a finger at his blood. Don't you think he too deserves the same love that you have for your mother? Well, I believe in it.

Our Nest

Anjali: Acha bacho aaj Temple jaana hai.

And hearing her, the boys looked at each other in shock and shouted.

Boys: What??

Anjali: No arguments.

Mukti: Par yaha paas mein temple hai kya, Daadi?

Anjali: Hai na. Its only a 30 minutes distance from here. Manu isn't well so we need to do a pooja.

Prathik: How can you do a pooja? She's an innocent girl.

Anjali (sarcastically): Its okay. I'm getting her a Ram today in the temple.

Prathik: Oh please. You can do anything but match making.

Anjali: Excuse me? If you don't know then let me tell you I'm the one who made world's best pair 10 years back.

On this statement, Karthik smirked and looked at his parents who were looking at Anjali nervously as she might even tell others which was that world's best pair.

Manvik: Oh we don't care about it.

Anjali: But I do. Now, shut it and have your breakfast. We need to leave right after breakfast.

Manvik (sulked): This is so not fair. Mamma, why can't we stay back home?

In return, Nandini stuffed a piece of Chapati in his mouth.

Nandini: Jawab mila aapko?

Manvik made a bad face and started to chew it.

Karthik: Um Mamma. Who made these Chapattis? These aren't your hand-made food. Its different too. It actually tastes like Aalu Paratha too.

He spoke while relishing the food and Manik smiled at it.

Prathik: Well, that's true. Its not Mamma's food.

The boys looked at Mukti thinking it might be her who made it.

Naila: Its not Mamma who made it, either.

She said while seeing them gazing at Mukti.

Abhimanyu: Well, the chef was different for today.

Boys: Who was it?

Abhimanyu: Manik Malhotra naam hain unka!

Their pupils dilated which then gazed at Manik, who was busy glaring at Abhimanyu. He didn't want them to know it.

Prathik: You made it?

Anjali: Kyu? Can't he make Chapattis? Mera Guddu bohath achse se cook kartha hain.