Chapter- 17

I planned to hate the emotion called 'love' which you made impossible to happen

(_thehijabiwrites)

There are people who always run away from love and take an oath that they would never wish to fall in love until, they meet that one person. That one person whose glance is enough to smile even without a reason. And then happened which they feared the most. Love.

Our Nest

Manvik: I can walk.

Manvik repeated the same sentence, when Manik picked him up in his arms.

Manik: And I can see it.

He walked till the entrance of the Mansion and Nandini followed with a bag in her hand which had Manvik's medicines and plasters which will be needed in future.

Karthik: He didn't even let us to hold Mann. What is this man?

Prathik: A human being!

Karthik gave him a wrathful look making Prathik to give a grin back to him.

Prathik: I've been asking the same question to myself and you repeated the question so I had to be a little witty!

Karthik: A little? You're a lot witty, dude, much to my dislike.

Prathik: Not my fault!

Karthik: Is completely my fault that I asked for your help!

Prathik: Yippee! Big Brother finally understood me!

Karthik ignored him and then stared at Nandini who wasn't even having a frown on her face while looking at Manik and Manvik who were still bickering for carrying him like a baby.

Karthik (thought): Why is she smiling while looking at them? Isn't she supposed to ask Mr. Malhotra to listen to what Mann is saying? Oh God! My head is blasting.

Soon, they were welcomed inside their home with Anjali putting teeka on Manvik's foreheads for his well-being.

Manvik: Mamma! Ask him to put me down.

Instead Manik walked upstairs and Nandini looked at Adyant, who was staring at the retreating figures of Manik and Manvik.

Nandini: Um..Mein abhi aayi. Karti, Prati, come with me.

She too rushed upstairs to avoid Adyan't curious glances while the boys followed her.

Upstairs

Karthik: Uh, Mr. Malhotra, not there but in here.

He pointed at the boys' common room to Manik, who was about to enter Manvik's room along with his son.

Manik: Nandini?

He turned to Nandini and raised his eyebrows who nodded at her and he walked inside the common room with Manvik in his arms who was gaping at his parents.

Prathik (frowned): Did they just have an eye-to-eye conversation?

He looked at Karthik who seemed to be lost in thoughts.

Prathik: Bhai? Is everything alright?

He spoke out of concern and got to meet Karthik's blank orbs.

Karthik: Tonight should be our night!

Prathik nodded back and they got inside the bedroom only to see Manik placing Manvik on the bed.