Chapter- 10

Hide your love from everyone but not from the one whom you love

(Affu)

Hiding your love from the one whom you love wouldn't give anything positive because he/she does know to read your eyes, and eyes can't lie.

Our Nest

Nandini stared at the room's door for a second before pushing it inside and walked in to see her sons on the bed lying over their stomachs here and there. Their eyes were closed but she knew they weren't asleep.

She settled beside them and caressed each of their's hairs.

Boys: Mamma!

They got up in a jerk making her to sigh.

Nandini: Relax! Why are you behaving like your father, every time?!

She bit her tongue on realizing what she said and looked up at them to see them smiling.

Manvik: Is it a coincidence or on purpose that you're speaking a lot about him today.

Nandini looked away and they scooted closer to her. Manvik and Karthik kept their heads on her lap and Prathik snuggled to her chest.

Typical Mamma's boys!

Manvik: Mamma, don't be mad at us. We thought, you..

Nandini: That I wanted a family..but without you?

Karthik: We never wanted it but for your happiness..

Nandini: My happiness lies in you and..your father.

She mumbled to herself at the end but to her bad luck, they did hear it to which, they just looked at each other.

Prathik: What should we do to gain your forgiveness, Mamma?

Nandini (sighed): Anything?

They nodded at her making her grin.

Nandini: No pranks on anyone for an entire week.

They pouted sadly at her.

Karthik: Such a bad punishment, it is.

She pinched his nose and kissed all their heads making them to smile.

Boys: We love you, Mamma!

Nandini: I love you too, my cute babies!!

And then followed, her usual song to make them sleep, at least for an hour, so that their brains could get rid of today's drama.

At night

Dining Table

Cabir stared at Nandini, who wasn't even looking at him. She was busy in playing with the spoon in her plate. She didn't look happy, not that she ever looked happy in the past 10 years but today, she wasn't even smiling for the sake of her sons or her brother.

Alishka: Mamma, Big Naanu kaha hain?

This broke the silence.

Navya: He has some work, Ashu.

Manvik (frowned): But, he never missed any of our dinners.

Nandini (sighed): Manu!

Manik and Nyonika stared at Nandini in surprise. 'Manu' was the nickname given by Nyonika for Manik during his childhood.

Manvik: Haa Mamma?