Chapter- 34

Its always better to apologize than regretting

(Affu)

Human beings! They are nothing but God's creation. When HE creates something, HE will always give certain pros and cons to it, as nothing in the world is perfect, and so we, the human beings are. Humans do make mistakes, but they are not for you to regret; they are for you to rectify, for being regretful would just make it worse.

Our Nest

The Garage

Cabir: Why am I here?

He asked himself and walked ahead. Like his nephews wanted, he is in here, their garage for don't know what purpose. He had even looked for Nandini, but she wasn't in her room. She had just kept a note in her room, stating that they will meet in the garage.

Cabir: I wonder what's stored for me, that too in here?!

He was looking around when he heard something creaks. Turning around, his eyes widened in surprise.

Cabir: Manik? What is he doing here?

He muttered to himself while staring at Manik, in surprise. On the other hand, feeling someone's presence in the garage, Manik too looked up.

Manik: Cabir?

He stopped walking and just stared at Cabir, confusedly. What is Cabir doing in the garage when his sons had asked him to spend a few hours with them?!

Suddenly, it stroke them hard!

It was their plan! It was the little Malhotras' plan to get Manik and Cabir together on the night before their birthday, or precisely, some minutes before their birthday.

Manik/Cabir: Not happening!

They turned around to walk out of the garage, when they heard strumming of guitar. MUSIC. They were hearing music, which they've been avoiding for the past 10 years. Turning abruptly, they came across a beautiful view.

There sat the kids on their respective chairs, a few steps ahead of them. Manvik was sitting in the middle with his acoustic guitar, Prathik and Karthik on either sides of Manvik with electric and acoustic guitars respectively, while Naila was on the right of Prathik with her keyboard placed before her and Alishka with her drums towards Karthik's left.

Alishka: Maybe, you need to be here, Mr. Malhotra and Mr. Dhawan!

The men looked at a smiling Alishka, before they heard another strum.

Karthik: Dil hanste hanste ro pada

and that brought them in tears..

Manvik: Dard aansuon mein hai badha

Prathik: Dil hanste hanste ro pada
Dard aansuon mein hai badha

Karthik: Tooti sabse hai yaari
Main toh zindagi se haari
Gayi saanson ko dukha ke kahan pe ye hawa

Boys: Kyun Rabba iss qadar todeya ve
Ki ik tukda na chhodeya

Girls: Dhadakne ke liye dhadkano mein
Kuch na bacha

Boys: Kyun Rabba iss qadar todeya ve
Ki ik tukda na chhodeya

Girls: Dhadakne ke liye dhadkano mein
Kuch na bacha

It wasn't just Manik and Cabir who were in tears, but the entire family was. The song described their situation. Moreover, the ever not-good-at-Hindi boys were singing a Hindi song with so much of passion and that did nothing but just increased the amount of tears that Nandini shed. She knew they would surprise their father and uncle but with Music? She never knew!

Naila: Todeya ve
Todeya ve
Dhadkano ne
Todeya ve

Prathik: Khud ka wajood kho gaya
Saaya bhi paraya ho gaya
Dekha hai tujhko kahin pe
Bole mera aaina

Karthik: Khud ka wajood kho gaya
Saaya bhi paraya ho gaya
Dekha hai tujhko kahin pe
Bole mera aaina

Manvik: Khudko na pehchaanu
Pata khud ka na jaanu
Jaaun ab main kahan pe
Dikhe na raasta

Boys: Kyun Rabba iss qadar todeya ve
Ki ik tukda na chhodeya

Girls: Dhadakne ke liye dhadkano mein
Kuch na bacha

Boys: Kyun Rabba iss qadar todeya ve
Ki ik tukda na chhodeya

Girls: Dhadakne ke liye dhadkano mein
Kuch na bacha

Manik. Their voice was too similar to Manik. The passion that they had in them when they sing speaks out, that they are true musicians, just like their father, and that brought tears in Raj's eyes. He was the one who had witnessed his son's passion for music since childhood, be it to show his happiness or to hide his sorrows.

Manvik: Dil ka naseeb tha bura
Jo socha tha woh na hua

Prathik: Door se jo laga samandar
Tha woh manzar ret ka

Manvik: Hoo..Dil ka naseeb tha bura
Jo socha tha woh na hua

Prathik: Door se jo laga samandar
Tha woh manzar ret ka

Karthik: Dhokha de gayi taqdeerein
Jhoothi nikli laqeerein
Karun kispe yaqeen ye samajh mein aaye na

All: Kyun Rabba iss qadar todeya ve
Ki ik tukda na chhodeya
Dhadakne ke liye dhadkano mein
Kuch na bacha

All: Kyun Rabba iss qadar todeya ve
Ki ik tukda na chhodeya
Dhadakne ke liye dhadkano mein
Kuch na bacha

Boys: Kuch na bacha..

Nandini and Navya have palmed their mouths from crying their hearts out. They sang flawlessly that they could never find any better musicians in the world around.

While talking about only Fab 5, they were also numb. It was their song. Their song written and composed by Manik and Cabir.

(The rest of the chapter is about Cabir speaking the truth about his deeds to Nandini.)