Chapter- 9

Sympathy gives pain while assurance gives peace

(_thehijabiwrites)

Giving sympathy to someone will only increase their pain, it would never decrease it. But, if you put yourself into the person's shoes, who's suffering from pain, and assure them that everything is going to be fine, then that's a path towards peace.

Rising Hopes School

Manik parked his car in the parking area of the school and the kids got out followed by himself. On seeing the three heroes of 'Rising Hopes' coming with an unknown man increased the curiosity level of the students present around.

Naila: Why is everyone whispering around? I mean, why do they even speak in others' ears if they want us to hear the thing that they pass in others' ears!!

The boys looked at Naila and then at Alishka and then at each other.

Manvik: I should have guessed it. She's really a lot like Ashu!

Naila: Excuse me? I have my own personality, dude!

Prathik (glared): And, I seriously hate the way you speak with us, miss whatever!

Naila: Do you think I care?!

Karthik: Of course not! Its written on your face!

Naila (grinned): I'm glad!

Alishka just ignored it and walked towards Manik who was gaping at the kids and he remembered how he used to see the same fights happening between Navya and Cabir as they were the ones who never got along, but its the destiny that they fell in love later on!

Alishka: Mamu!

Manik looked down to see Alishka poking on his legs. He smiled before picking her up in his arms.

Manik: Haa Ashu..

He bit his tongue and then stared at Alishka who was about to speak something.

Manik: Is it fine if I use 'Ashu' instead of 'Alishka'. Its such a big name.

Alishka (giggled): Why not, Mamu! You can call me whatever you want. Oh, don't tell about the name. Bua will kill you, its her who kept the name for me.

Manik smiled on remembering how she always loved finding names for new-born babies. No matter whoever the baby belongs to, she would love to find varieties of names for them.

Manik: Tho boliye! Kya chahiye aapko?

Alishka (grinned): Can we go for a date?

Manik widened his eyes at her.

Alishka (giggled): Oh, that's what Papa taught me whenever we used to go together, alone! Just wanted to go out with you.

Manik breathed a sigh of relief.

Manik: You really scared the hell out of me and what is your father teaching you. Like seriously, date?!

He scrunched his nose making Alishka to giggle.

Alishka: Papa is weird but I love him!

Manik smiled at her and unknowingly, his gaze went up to the boys who were still busy in bickering with Naila. He didn't know why he always look up at them but they do give him a kind of assurance, like he's got someone to hold him. Just the same way he felt with Nandini.