Introduction

Hello, my name is Kara and I am sixteen years old. I live on the Isle of the lost with Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and their parents.
    We haven't been friends all of our lives. It was about nine years ago when we first got to know each other. I was at the bakery stall at the market looking at the bread and making sure the baker wasn't paying that much attention. I waited for there to be a few people so the baker wouldn't be able to keep an eye on me. Then I saw my chance and grabbed a loaf of bread. I hid it under my jacket and walked away. The baker never noticed, but little did I knew that there was a boy watching me. He was about the same age as I was. He followed me to an ally. When I came to the ally I took the bread from under my jacket and started eating it.
    "Hey." a voice behind me said. I turned around and looked at the boy. "Hey." I said as I smiled at him, my mouth full of bread. "I am Jay." he said. "I am Kara." I said. "Do you want some bread?" I asked him. He nodded, so I ripped a piece of the bread and gave it to him. It didn't take long for us to start a conversation. I don't remember what we talked about, but we finished the bread in no time. After like half an hour we heard some voices just outside the ally. "Jay!" they were yelling. Then three children turned the corner and spotted Jay in the ally. There were two girls and one boy. They walked towards us. The boy had dark brown hair, one girl had black hair and the other girl had blond hair. "Jay, where have you been? We've been looking for you for the past half hour." the black-haired girl said. "Ow." Jay said. "We are going home." the blond-haired girl said. "Okey." Jay said. Jay stood up from the ground and turned around to me. "I hope I'll see you again sometime." he said. I smiled. "Same." I said.
    And we saw each other a lot of times after that. Mal, Evie, and Carlos came along one time and we've been friends ever since. We hung out at their house a couple of times and I got to know Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Cruella. And about a year later I moved in with them. And now that's where I live. We have a lot of fun memories together. When we were fourteen we went to the hairdresser and Mal, Evie, and Carlos dyed their hair. And we've made a name for ourselves on the Isle of the lost. We've had a few encounters with Uma and her crew, but it was nothing we couldn't handle.
    And like every other person there are a few things that nobody knows about me. Not even my best friends. First, the reason I live with Jay, Mal, Evie, Carlos, and their parents. I live with them because both of my parents are dead. My mother died giving birth to me and my father died when I was six. I was alone until I met Jay when I was seven. They know my mother is dead, but they don't know what happened to my father. They don't know who he is either. They think my father is a drunk who has no home and who doesn't care about me. And I intend to keep it that way. When it comes to my father it's a touchy subject, because I've watched him die. He became ill and I had to take care of him until the day came and he took his last breath.
    Second is the reason why I always wear something on my head. My hair has an unusual color. It's silver. Shiny silver. When the sun shines on my hair it starts to shine. No, it's not a blinding shine, but it certainly stands out. So I cover it up.
    I don't believe I have something more to tell you so see you later.

~* *~
704 words
(12/05/2020)