2

I walk into my room and towards my closet. I open the doors and grab my weekend bag from the bottom of the closet and put it on my bed. I walk back towards my closet and start to throw all of my clothes in there. You may ask yourself, why all of your clothes? Well, I don't have that many and I'll need them. When all my clothes are in my weekend bag I close it and grab my backpack from the floor and open it. I walk towards my nightstand and open the drawer. I really don't have that much personal stuff. I grab the photo that lays on top of all the junk in the drawer and look at it. It's a picture of my mother and my father. I have never known my mother because she died giving birth to me. My father would tell me stories every night of the adventures they had together and how much he loved her. However, he never told me her name or the name of her fairytale. So I only know what she looks like. There is a knock on my door. I turn around and hide the picture behind my back. Evie is standing in the doorway. "Are you almost done?" she asks. "Yeah, I am almost finished." I say. "Aren't you excited to go?" she says with a happy voice. "Just imagine all the big castles filled with those cute princes-" she starts but she gets interrupted. "Evie!" the Evil Queen yells. "Coming mother." she says and she walks away. I look at the picture one more time and put it in my backpack, along with the rest that's in the drawer of my nightstand. I zip up my backpack and swing it over my shoulder, I grab my weekend bag and look around my room one more time. "Knock knock." Jay says. I turn around to look at him. He has a weekend bag in his hand and a backpack swung around his shoulder. "Since they invited just four of us we need to sneak you into the car." he says. "Well, that should be easy." I say. "Ow, you think so?" he asks. "Yeah, 'cause I happen to be the best thief on the island." I say with a big smirk. "Really?" he asks with a smirk. "Yes. I'm the best at sneaking around, so this won't be too hard." I say. "Well, let's go then." he says and walks towards the front door. I follow him.
    I stop just around the corner so I can't be seen. Jay just walks outside. I poke my head around the edge and look outside. There is a limousine standing on the little square in front of the house. The limousine is surrounded by curious people. Jay puts his bags in the trunk and walks to the front of the car. Just as he passes the driver's door, the driver steps out. The driver looks around, scanning the people surrounding the limousine. Jay is at the front of the limousine and looks at me. He smirks. I am starting to figure out what to do. The people surrounding the limousine don't know that there are only four people supposed to go into the limousine, so it won't be a problem if anyone sees me enter the vehicle. The driver however probably knows that he is here to pick up four kids, so I have to make sure he doesn't see me. "What are you doing?" a voice behind me asks. I look behind me and see Evie standing in front of me. "There are supposed to go four people into that limousine, so I-" but I can't continue, because as soon as I said the word limousine Evie gasped and ran outside. I laugh. She really is a princess. The Evil Queen walks past me. "Ah! Smells like common folk." I hear her say. "Carlos!" I hear Cruella scream and then I hear footsteps running down the stairs. I need to do this quickly before they come down and attract the attention of the driver towards them and I can't sneak into the car anymore. I look around the edge again. Jay gets into the left side of the car and Evie just opened the right side of the car. I look at the driver. He is still checking the people around the car. Then I see an opportunity as the driver's head turns towards the left. I run through the open doors towards the limousine. I drop my weekend bag and backpack into the trunk and get inside the car before Evie. I am just in time because just when I am in the car I hear Cruella yell. "Come back here, now! Carlos!" Carlos sprints into the car and Evie steps in after him. I exhale as I sit down next to Jay. "Wasn't that easy was it?" he asks me as he smirks evilly at me. "O please, it was a piece of cake." I say. I hear the trunk close and the driver's door opens a few seconds later. Then Mal steps into the limousine and the driver starts the car. "The jackals have landed." I hear the driver say and then we drive away. I look around the limousine. There is some kind of bar with candy right in front of me. In the back of the limousine is a tv. Suddenly Jay and Carlos start to fight with each other as they try to reach the candy. I smile. They're really children sometimes. Evie grabs some makeup out of her bag. "You're looking a little washed out. Let me help you out." she says to Mal as she brings the makeup brush towards her face. "Ew, stop. I'm plotting." Mal says as she pushes the brush away. "Well, it's not very attractive." Evie says as she bites on some kind of lolly. "Oh! These! It's salty like nuts, but it's sweet like I don't know what." Carlos says as he eats some kind of chocolate. "Let me see." Jay says. Carlos opens his mouth. "Ew!" Jay says and he takes the chocolate from him and stuffs it in his mouth. "Look!" Evie says. We all look outside. We are driving towards the broken bridge but the driver does not show any signs of stopping. "It's a trap!" Carlos says. Jay puts his arm around me and Evie does the same. They pull me towards them and they all start to scream. I see some kind of gold light and we are still driving. "Uhh, guys. We are still alive. There is nothing to worry about." I say. They stop screaming, release each other, and look outside. Jay however still has his arm around me. "It must be magic." Evie says. "Hey. Did this little button just open up the magic barrier?" Mal asks the driver. "No, this one opens the magic barrier." he says as he shows us a gold device with a button on it. "That one opens my garage. And this button..." he says as he pushes a button and a screen comes up so we can't see him anymore. "Okay. Nasty. I like that guy." Mal says. Jay still has his arm around me. "Uhh... Jay." I say. He turns his head towards me. "Yes." he says oblivious to the fact that his arm is still around my shoulder. "Look I know that you try to look though but being scared sometimes is okay. But can you take your arm back." I say. He frowns. "I was not scared." he says as he takes his arm back. "Ow yes, you were." I say as I smile. "No, I wasn't." he says. "Ow yes! You were screaming like a baby. In fact, you all were screaming." I say as I try to hold back my laughter. "You should've seen your faces. It was hilarious." I say as I laugh. "Haha, really funny." Jay says seriously and he puts on an angry look, which makes me laugh even harder. I have to laugh so hard that I fall off the couch onto the ground. This makes everybody laugh. Even Jay.
~
We drive past an Auradon Prep sign and onto the school ground. There are people standing on the grass waving with little flags. Some persons even have big welcome signs. And that's not all, there is a band playing in the middle of all the people. "Who do they think we are? The king and queen or something?" I ask no one in particular. "Apparently." Evie says. "It's disgusting." Mal says. "Yeah." I agree with her. Someone nudges me in the side and I look to my left. Jay and Carlos are fighting over some kind of black box. Like I said, children. The car stops and the driver gets out. He opens the door and Carlos and Jay stumble out, still fighting for that thing. I don't get up. I've thought about this the whole ride. If I step out and they see me, will they send me back? I mean I haven't been invited here so what are they going to say. Evie steps out after Jay and Carlos. Mal sees my hesitation and puts a hand on my shoulder. "We are not going to let them send you back." she says. I nod and we get out of the car. Meanwhile, the band has stopped playing and the people have stopped cheering and waving. It's probably because they are shocked to see what is coming out of the limousine. And who'd blame them? We are scary, and the fact that Jay and Carlos are kinda making a scene adds to the fact as well. Carlos is laying on the ground and holds on to one side of a blue blanket and Jay is standing on him with one foot, holding the other side of the blanket. "'Cause you want it!" Jay says. "No! Give it to me! Ow! Let go!" Carlos yells as he squirms under Jay's foot. I look around us and everybody is staring at us. The band has parted and three people are walking towards us. A lady with brown hair pinned up in some kind of bun and a horrible light purple dress with a pink bow at the top of the dress walks at the front. A boy and a girl linked with their arms walk behind the woman. The girl has brown hair and is wearing a gold and pink dress with a light blue cardigan. She also has a gold handbag hanging off of her shoulder. The boy has brown hair and is wearing a dark blue blazer with a yellow and gray striped tie and bright yellow pants. "Guys, stop it! We have an audience." I hiss to them. "Just cleaning up." Jay says. I push Jay aside so he isn't standing on Carlos anymore. "Get up." I say to Carlos as I help him up. The three of them stop in front of us. "Leave it like you found it!" the woman with the horrible purple dress sings. "And by that I mean just leave it." she says. Jay turns around and throws the black box and the blue blanket back in the limousine. Mal puts her hands on her sides and I can feel the shame and awkwardness radiating off her. I let out a little chuckle. I love my friends.
    "Hello, foxy," Jay says as he steps around Mal and walks towards the three of them. He is talking to the girl and I roll my eyes. Very smooth Jay, very smooth. "The name's Jay." he says as he stands in front of them and crosses his arms. The lady in the purple dress looks him up and down and the girl laughs. "Welcome to Auradon Prep." the lady in the purple dress says as she hops on into his line of view. She turns towards all of us. "I'm fairy godmother, headmistress." she says. Jay steps back behind Mal. "The fairy godmother? As in, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"?" Mal asks as she is waving an imaginary wand in her right hand. "Bibbidi-Bobbidi you know it." she says. "Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella, when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile." Mal says. "Oh." says fairy godmother in a soft voice. "And that sparkling wand." Mal repeats. I clear my throat. Mal turns her head towards me and I widen my eyes at her, telling her that she is being really obvious right now. Luckily fairy godmother continues. "That was a long time ago. And as I always say, "Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future!"." she says. The boy and the girl step forward. "It's so good to finally meet you all." the boy says as he looks at each one of us. His eyes linger on me for a moment. He looks a bit confused and I give him a small smile. "I'm Ben." he says. "Prince Benjamin. Soon the be king." the girl springs in. Evie steps forward. "You had me at prince. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess." she says as she gives a little courtesy. I smile, that's Evie always on the hunt for a prince. "The Evil Queen has no royal status here and neither do you." the girl says and Ben chuckles. Evie steps back hurt. I cross my arms and give the girl a death glare. Who does she think she is? That spoiled little bitch, well I'm not going to stand down. "Well, the Evil Queen never divorced the king which means that she is still the Queen. And that makes Snow White Evie's stepsister. So technically speaking Evie has a royal status here." I say. Evie turns to me and gives me a smile. I nod to her and look at the girl, challenging her to say something back to me, but before she can Ben steps in. "This is Audrey." he says. "Princess Audrey." she corrects him as she throws on a fake smile. "His girlfriend. Right, Bennyboo?" she says as she takes his hand. They both chuckle. "Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow." fairy godmother says as she smiles at us. She throws the hands of Ben and Audrey in the air. "The doors of wisdom are never shut!" she says loudly and a bit dramatically. We all take a small step back, taken aback by her dramatic gesture. "But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." she says. We all let out a fake laugh. Then fairy godmother walks away. The band follows her and the people that were waving at us when we arrived walk into the school or I don't know where to mind their own business.
    Ben claps his hands together. "It is so, so, so good to finally meet you all." he says as he walks towards Jay to shake his hand. He doesn't know it, but Jay doesn't like to shake hands so before Ben can come to close Jay bumps his fist against Ben's shoulder. I guess Jay hits him a bit hard because Ben takes a step back when Jay's fist hits his shoulder. Ben doesn't stop smiling tho and Jay grins back at Ben. Ben steps to the side and shakes Mal's hand. They stop shaking hands but they don't let go of each other's hands. They look at each other for a few seconds and then Ben shifts his gaze towards Carlos and starts to talk again. "This is a momentous occasion, and one that I hope will go down in history..." he says as he shakes Carlos's hand. Ben licks his fingers. "Is that chocolate?" he asks Carlos. Carlos doesn't answer Ben but just stares at Ben as he licks his own fingers. "as the day our two peoples began to heal." Ben continues as he shakes Evie's hand. "Or the day that you showed five peoples where the bathrooms are." I say as he steps in front of me. "A little bit over the top?" he asks. "A little more than a little bit." I say and we both chuckle. "Well, so much for my first impression." he says and we both laugh. "You know, I thought I invited four kids to come over here, not five." he says as he looks at each of us. His eyes land back on me. "So who are you?" he asks me as he puts out his hands. "Kara." I say as I shake his hand. "So who are your parents?" he asks. "Ow, believe me, you wouldn't know them." I say. He opens his mouth to speak but before he can say anything Jay interrupts him. "Wait, that's it?" he asks. Ben looks at him and walks to stand in front of us. "What do you mean?" Ben asks. "You are not going to send her back?" Carlos asks. Ben looks at him. "Well I suppose one more person can not hurt." he says as he gives us all a big smile. "So how about you show us those bathrooms?" Mal says. Ben looks at her and they laugh. When they stop laughing they just stare at each other. Then out of the blue Audrey steps in. "Hey! You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you? Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff. Oh, my mom's Aurora. Sleeping..."
    "Beauty!" Mal interrupts her. "Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world but my mother to their stupid christening." she says. "Boom." I say and I raise my hand and Carlos gives me a high five. "Water under the bridge." Audrey says. "Totes!" Mal says and they both force some laughter and then sigh. Ben smiles through the whole thing, oblivious for what's going on. He claps his hands. "Okay! So how about a tour?" he asks. We look at each other. "Yeah?" Ben says and he starts the tour with us trailing after him.

~* *~
3069 words
(15/03/2020)