14

"Wake up Kara." Evie says and I open my eyes. "It's time isn't it?" I ask. "Yes it is." she says. I sit up and look at them. Evie is in her bathrobe, but Mal is already in her dress. My mouth drops open at the sight of her. She is wearing a light purple full-length dress with a train behind her. The body of the dress hugs her figure and there are all different kinds of beans on them. Then at her waist, the dress falls down and consists of many layers of ruffles. She also has this kind of collar that runs around the back of her neck but is open at the front. Her hair is in a bun and a few strands frame her face. "You look beautiful." I say. She blushes slightly. "Thank you." she says. I smile at her and get out of bed. "Well, I will get ready then." I say and walk into the bathroom.
After I have showered and brushed my teeth I put on my bathrobe and walk out of the bathroom. Evie is doing Mal's makeup and I look at her. She is also wearing her dress now. "Evie stand up, will you?" I ask her. She looks at me and smiles and then gets up. She is wearing a blue dress which hugs her body at the top. Just above her waist, the dress falls down and. The skirt exists out of many layers of wavy tule. The skirt is shorter at the front and when it goes to the back it gets longer. She has her hair in a half up half down and she is wearing a tiara. She walks towards a rack where there hang a few empty hangers and one dress. The dress is dark green. She hands it to me and points to the folding screen in our room. I nod and walk towards it. I put on the dress. "I need your help to zip me up." I say. Evie zips me up and I turn around to face her. She gasps. "What is going-" Mal starts as she walks behind the screen. She stops talking and looks at me wide-eyed. "Oh please, guys." I say as I start to blush. I look at them. "Well, step aside so I can look at myself in the mirror." I say. They step aside and I walk to the mirror. When I look at myself I take in a deep breath. I am wearing a dark green dress that reaches just above my feet. My shoulders are exposed because the sleeves are at my arms. The fabric crosses over each other at my chest. At my waist, the skirt starts. The skirt exists out of layers tule, which gives it a ballgown vibe. But it isn't as big and round as a ballgown. Every inch of the skirt is layered with sparkles so when I make the slightest of movement it glitters. Evie and Mal stand beside me and we look at each other in the mirror. "You truly are a genius, Evie. Where would we be without you?" I say and I hug her. "Thank you." she says. "So what do you have planned for my hair?" I ask. "Sit down and see." she says. I sit down at the chair and Evie starts working on my hair. She starts to curl it and then she ties it in a low messy bun. There are two big strands that are to short to fit in the bun because my hair is layered. She curls them so they frame my face. Then she starts working on my makeup. It's subtle but elegant. Just when she is finished there is a knock on the door. Mal opens it. "Hey guys." she says and Jay and Carlos walk inside. They are both decently dressed. Carlos is wearing a white button-down with a black and white jacket on top. He also has a butterfly tie around his neck, which he hasn't tied. He wears short black pants that reach just above his knees and black shoes. Jay is wearing a red leather top which is buttoned all the way up. He wears black jeans and black shoes and his hair is tied in a neat bun. Evie and I stand up. "Are you guys ready?" Jay asks. When they look at the three of us they smile. "You guys look good." Jay says. "Yeah." Carlos agrees. I laugh. "Do you guys know how lucky I am to have you?" I ask them and they all smile at me. "I love you guys." I say as tears start to fill my eyes. "And we are lucky to have you." Carlos says. I smile. "Come here." I say and we all walk forward and have a group hug. When we let go of each other I look around at them. "We can do this." I say and they nod. I grab the box where I put the cupcake in with the anti-love potion from my nightstand and we walk out of the dorm. "You look really beautiful." Jay says. "You look handsome too." I say and we laugh. "Who would've thought that I would ever saw you so neatly dressed." I say. "Who would've thought that you would ever wear a big poofy dress." Jay laughs. I shove him. "Kara." someone says and I turn around and see Fairy Godmother walking towards us. "Fairy Godmother." I say. She stops in front of us. "You will ride in a carriage with Ben towards the coronation. The rest of you will go with the limousine." she says. I nod. "Follow me." she says and she starts to walk away. "I will see you guys there." I say and I follow her. We walk towards a white carriage with two white horses spanned to them. The carriage is covered in blue and yellow flowers and so are the horses. "You can wait here for Ben. I need to get going now." she says and I nod at her. She smiles and walks away.
I look around but don't see any sign of Ben or the carriage driver yet. I walk over to the horses and start to stroke one of them. "Hey there buddy." I say and the horse snorts. "How are you doing today?" I ask. "Ow how am I doing? Well, that is very nice of you to ask. I am doing perfectly fine actually, just a bit nervous." I say as I continue stroking the horse. "Now why would you be nervous?" somebody asks and I spin around. Ben is standing there in a blue suit with yellow details. "Ben." I say. "Hi." he says. "Hi." I say. "You look really beautiful." he says as he takes a step forward. "Thanks." I say and look at the ground as a blush creeps on my face. I am only making this harder for myself. I am just an hour away from stealing the wand and taking over Auradon and here I am, falling for him. He lifts my chin with his fingers. "Everything will be alright." he says and he gives me a hug. "Are you guys ready?" someone asks and we let go of each other. The driver stands in front of us. "Yes, we are." Ben says. The driver gets in the carriage and Ben leads me towards it. He extends his hand and helps me in the carriage. When I am seated he sits down next to me and the carriage starts driving. At first, there aren't any people but then we come closer to the church people stand lined up on both sides of the path. They are cheering and waving flags around. Ben waves back at a few people and I just look at my silver heels. I am about to destroy all of this. Ben grabs my hand and intertwines his fingers with mine. I look up at him and smile. He smiles back. "Don't be nervous." he says. "All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." he says as he looks me in the eye. I smile. "Thank you." I say. "Kara, would you wear my ring?" he asks. "You're what?" I ask. "My ring." he says with a laugh as he takes it off his finger and shows it to me. It's a golden ring with the head of a beast on it. "I think it would probably just fall right off me." I say. He looks back at the people and slips the ring back on his own finger. "I have something for you." I say, not wanting to see him sad. "For me?" he asks as he looks back at me. "Yeah." I say. "It's nothing big, just something for later, you know when you are hungry after the whole coronation and want a little snack." I say as I hand him the box. He opens it and looks inside. He smiles. "Did you bake this for me?" he asks. "You bet I did." I say. "Just some carbs to keep up your energy." I say and smile at him. "Always thinking." he says and I look at the people. I wave. "But I can't wait." he says. My head snaps back to him. "No!" I say, but I am already too late. He has already taken a bite and is chewing now. "Mmm. This is really good." he says. "Uh...Do you..." I stumble. "Kara?" he asks. "Do you feel okay?" I ask. "You bet." he says. "Would you say that you're still in...That..." I say. I let out a nervous chuckle. "That you still have very strong feelings for me?" I ask. He raises his shoulders. "I'm not sure." he says and he puts the box with the cupcake away. "I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." he says as he looks towards the people. "Yeah." I say and also look at them. "Okay." I say. Then I realize what he just said and my head snaps back at him. "What?" I say. He starts to laugh. "What?" I ask. "You knew?" I ask and he looks at me. "That you spelled me?" he asks. I nod slightly. "Yeah. Yeah, I knew." he says. "I'm...I can explain myself." I say. "No, look, it's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?" he says. I sigh. "Yes." I say and let out a chuckle. He doesn't know. "You're so right." I say as I wave at someone. I look at him and he looks at me. "So, then, how long have you known?" I ask. "Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the enchanted lake." he says. "So, then what? You've just been faking it since then?" I ask. He takes off his ring and puts it on my index finger. Then he kisses my hand. He slowly looks up at me. "I haven't been faking anything." he says with a small smile. I smile as a blush creeps on my face.
The carriage comes to a stop in front of the church. Ben steps out and he and a butler help me get out of the carriage. "Thank you." I say to the butler and he nods. Ben holds my hand as we walk up the stairs towards his parents. We stop in front of them. I bow before them. And stand beside Belle. Ben and his father take a few steps towards us and his father looks at me. "About the other day, I just-" I start. "I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." he interrupts me. "You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy." Ben says as he looks at his father. "I did?" he asks. Belle hits him on the arm. "I...How very wise of me." he says. Belle lets out a sigh and grabs Ben's arms. "Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart." she says and Ben smiles. "Thanks, Mom." he says and they let go. "You're gonna make a fine king." his father says as he gives him a pat on the shoulder. Ben smiles. The king takes Belles's hand and she smiles at me before they walk away. Ben and I take a step closer towards each other. "Wish me luck." he says and someone behind me clears his throat. I look behind me and I see a butler standing with his hand extended to me. I turn back around to face ben. I place a kiss on his cheek. "Goodluck." I say. I take the butler's hand and glance back to Ben. He smiles and I chuckle. I walk with the butler towards the side entrance and he leads me towards the front of the crowd, right next to the pedestal where the thrones stand. "Thank you." I say and he gives me a small bow. On the thrones are Belle and Adam seated. In front of them, there is this stand where the Fairy Godmothers' wand stands. Over the wand stands a glass dome to protect it. The choir starts singing and I look up. My friends are standing side by side and they look a bit sad. The doors open and Ben comes walking out of them. The king and queen step out of their thrones and Ben start walking towards them. The people he passes bow and when he reaches where I am standing I bow but look up at him. He looks at me and smiles, then he looks back at his parents. Fairy Godmother steps up the pedestal and kisses Belle on the cheek. She bows towards Adam. Then he lowers his head and she takes the crown from his head. Ben kneels on top of the stairs that lead up to the pedestal. Fairy Godmother walks towards Ben and places the crown on his head. The king takes the glass dome and tilts it so the wand is now exposed. My mouth slightly opens and I look back at my friends. They all look at me with worried and sad faces. I look back and see that Belle grabs the wand on the top and bottom. She turns it horizontally and hands it to Fairy Godmother. Adam puts the glass dome back and Fairy Godmother moves to stand in front of Ben. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" she asks. "I do solemnly swear." Ben says. "Then it is my honor and my joy," she says as she grabs the wand in one hand. "To bless our new king." she says as she hits both of his shoulders. Before she can hit him on the head the wand is grabbed from Fairy Godmother.

~* *~
2524 words
(23/12/2020)