13

We walk towards the back of the school and look over the ledge. There are many people there and some of the students, including Ben and Connor, are performing a modern version of 'Be our Guest'. There is also a small party tent where food is standing on tables. We walk down the stairs and onto the grass, through the dancing people. We walk past a table with different types of fruit. "Guys." I say as I wave them over. They all come walking towards me. "You have to try these." I say as I point at a dish with strawberries. They raise their eyebrows at me. "Come on." I say. They all take one and eat them. "Hmh." Mal says. "I know right." I say. I look at the other fruits on the table. There is this dish with small purplish oval-shaped fruits. I take one and pop it in my mouth. I chew and this sweet and rich flavor fills my mouth. This is even better than strawberries. "Kara." Jay yells and I look at him. The rest of my friends are walking away from the table. I quickly grab a hand full of these things and jog towards them while eating the fruit. "Evie." Carlos says as I join them. He hands Dude to Evie. He and Jay start eating from this chocolate fountain and I laugh as I watch them. They are really like children sometimes.
"Kara!" I hear a familiar voice yell. I turn around and see that Ben is waving for me to come over. Evie and Mal look at me. "Looks like somebody is about to meet the parents." Mal says. I just roll my eyes and walk towards Ben. "Kara?" he says as he walks towards me. "I wanna introduce you to my parents." he says and he hugs me. "Yeah sure. Just one quick question. What are these?" I say as I put the last piece of fruit in front of his face. He laughs. "They are called grapes." he says. "They are delicious." I say as I eat it. "You ready?" he asks. I let out a breath and nod. He takes my hand and we turn towards his parents. "This is Kara. From the island." he says. They look a bit shocked. "My girlfriend." he says. "Hi." Belle says. "Hi." I say nervously. I mean his parents are the king and queen of Auradon, who wouldn't be nervous. Ben's father raises his hand. "I was thinking maybe she can join us for lunch." he says. "Of course," his father says hesitantly. "Any friend of Ben's-" he continues. "Uh, I actually came with my friends." I interrupt him as I point to them. "Well, you should invite them." Belle says and they look over at them. I also look and see Mal and Evie standing next to each other and waving. Carlos and Jay are still standing over by the fountain, their mouths covered in chocolate. I turn back and look at the floor as I chuckle, heat rising to my cheeks. I am a bit embarrassed by Carlos and Jay, but they're villains so I actually didn't expect anything else. "Because the more the merrier!" Belle says and I look up with a small smile. "Yeah, I'll go grab them." I say as I turn around and want to walk away. "How about a game of croquet before lunch?" his father stops me. "Of course." I say and I look at Ben. What the hell is croquet? "Game on." Ben says and he gives his father a fist bump. He swings his arm over my shoulder and turns us around. "Have you played before?" he asks. "No. I have never heard of this game." I say. "No? You will." he says and I nod. We walk towards my friends. "We are going to lunch with the king and queen but before that, we are going to play a game of croquet." I say as soon as we stand in front of them. "A game of what?" Carlos asks. "I have no idea, but Ben is going to teach us." I say as I look at him. His mouth is completely covered in chocolate and so is Jay's. "But before that, we need to get you guys cleaned up." I say as I point to Carlos and Jay. I walk to the table and grab a napkin, then I start wiping the chocolate off their faces. "Better." I say as I finish. "You guys ready?" Ben asks. We all nod and walk after him towards the ground. When we come there the king and queen are already waiting for us and beside them stands Connor. There are many people playing or standing around the field just watching and talking. I nudge Mal. "I bet you won't mind if he teaches you." I say. "Shut up." she says and I laugh. We all get handed a stick and a ball. Across the field, there are standing small gates. Ben's parents walk towards one of those gates and start playing. Ben stands in front of us and lets his ball fall to the ground. "So the point of this game is to get your ball through one of the gates." he says. "That's it, it couldn't be any simpler." Connor says as he joins Ben's side. "How do you win?" Jay asks. "By getting the ball through all the gates." Ben says. "Should be easy enough." Jay says and I laugh. "What?" he asks as he turns towards me. "Well, it won't be because I will be here to beat you." I say. "Is that a challenge?" he asks. "You bet." I say. "Well then, game on." he says and he starts to walk away.
After a while of playing, I got the hang of it. I hit my ball through a gate and look around. Evie is talking with Belle, Carlos is playing with dude, Jay is with Ben and he just hit one of the ball's through a gate. I look around for Mal and then I spot her. She is watching Connor play. An older woman is walking towards her and they start a conversation. Audrey walks towards the woman and they give each other two kisses on the cheek. I frown. And then I see the look on Audrey's face when she sees Mal. I start to walk towards them. "You!" the older woman says and now I am running. "How are you here?" the woman asks as I come to a stop next to Mal. "And how have you stayed so young?" the woman asks as she looks Mal up and down. "Please, miss there must be some misunderstanding." I say. "And who are you?" she asks as she looks at me. Her eyes whiden. "Agathe." she whispers. I frown. "Uhh, I am Kara." I say. "Queen Leah, it's okay." somebody says and I look to Mal. Connor is standing beside her with an arm around her. "It's okay. Maleficent is still on the island." Connor says and Queen Leah starts to shake her head. "This is her daughter, Mal." Connor says as he looks at her and smiles. "Don't you remember Ben's proclamation to give the new generation a change?" he asks. "A chance to what? Destroy us?" she asks. My mouth falls slightly open. How can she think that? I mean yes we are here to steal the wand, but she doesn't know that. She is judging us because of what our parents did. "Come on. You remember, don't you? The poisoned apples." she says to Fairy Godmother as she turns towards her. She turns towards the king and queen. "And the spells. Spells." she says as she looks back at Mal. "My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So, her first words, her first steps, I missed it all!" she says to Mal. She crosses her arms and turns towards Fairy Godmother. "I'm so-" Mal starts as she moves forward to comfort Queen Leah. "Go away!" Chad says as he steps in front of them. "Stay away from her!" he says. "Don't do this, Chad." Ben says as he joins my side. "What?" he asks as he looks at him. "They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kidness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh." he says. I look behind me and see Carlos, Jay, and Evie standing next to each other looking a bit hurt. "You enjoy hurting people." he says towards Jay. "And you, you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." he says to Evie. "You stole another girl's boyfriend." Chad says and I turn back around to find him looking at me. "Ow and that worked out so bad for you right?" I say as I take a step towards him. He frowns. "Well, you finally got what you wanted didn't you. You finally get to be with Audrey, someone you've clearly wanted for some time." I say. "Oh, please." he says as he snorts. "You know what Chad," I speak his name full of loath. "You are nothing but a spoiled little brat who cries and runs back to his mommy and daddy when he doesn't get what he wants." I say and I take another step towards him. "But where are they now Chad?" I ask and he looks around, looking for help. "Are they so sick of you that they didn't show up today? Are you so annoying that they are glad that you can stay here at school for a whole year, just so they don't have to put up with you?" He looks hurt, and that is exactly how I wanted him to feel. "If you ever talk to my friends like that again I will find you and I will kill you." I say. "See! They are nothing but evil." he yells as he takes a step back and points at me. "Back off, Chad." Jay says as he storms at him and grabs him by the shoulders. Evie grabs the perfume bottle out of her purse and sprays it twice in his face. He goes out like a light. "Chad!" Audrey says desperately. Ben grabs Jay and pushes him back. "Evie did something to Chad!" Lonnie says. I turn around. "Come on Mal." I say as I grab her hand and start dragging her after me. I point at Jay and motion for him to follow us, Evie and Carlos already in front of us. We start running. "Guys!" Ben yells. We ignore him and run up the stairs and towards the school.
We run towards the guys' dorm and we close the door behind us. I immediately start to pace. Trying to calm down. How dare he? How dare he insult my friends like that? I swear when I get my hands on him- "Kara." Jay snaps me out of my thoughts. "What?!" I say angrily as I turn towards him. He is standing in front of me and looks a bit frightened. "I am sorry I just really want to kill Chad right now. I mean who does that dork think he is? He can't just go around and insult you guys like that! I swear if I can get to him somehow-" I ramble. "Kara." Jay interrupts me again. He steps forward and grabs my hands. "You have to let it go." he says. "Let go?!" I yell. "Just focus on grabbing that wand tomorrow and then we can show them a lesson." Jay says. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. I throw my arms around his neck and pull him in close. He wraps his arm around my waist and I bury my head in his shoulder. "You know I love you right." I say. "Yeah I know." he says. I pull back, his arms still around my waist. "I mean, what is not to love?" he asks as he smirks. I snort. "I love you too." he says. I look at him and give him a small smile. "I know." I say softly and give him a tight hug. "Okay, well who wants to go for some lunch?" I ask as I let go of him, a bit relaxed again. "'Cause I am starving." I say. They let out a small laugh and nod.
We walk towards the cafeteria and to my relief, there is no one there. When we all got a tray of food we walk outside to find a place so we can eat our food quietly. However, it seems like everybody decided to have lunch at this time so all the picnic tables are occupied, except for one table. And guess what, the table stands next to the table where Chad, Doug, Audrey, Jane, Lonnie, and many more people that now hate us are sitting, standing, and laughing with each other. I sigh and look at them. They nod and we walk towards the table. Mal and I sit down on one side, our backs towards the other table, Evie and Carlos sit down on the other side. Jay sits on the table. Hearing them laugh makes me sad. I look around and see that my friends feel the same way. Suddenly my hunger is gone. Ben comes walking toward us. "Hey, guys." he says. "How is everyone?" he asks as he stops beside Jay. Nobody answers. "Yeah?" he says with a small smile. "Hey, listen. Forget about it." he says as he pads Jay on the shoulder. "All right? It was nothing." he says and he walks towards me. He stops behind me and places his hands on my shoulders. "Let it go." he says as he squeezes them softly. "Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay." he says. Evie looks up at him. "I have to go." he whispers in my ear. I just nod slightly. "I'll see you guys later." he says and he squeezes my shoulders once more and then he lets go and walks away. Doug walks towards the table. "Listen, Evie, I wanna talk about earlier today. I just-" he starts. "Doug!" Chad says. My hands ball into fists. "It's my fault, Doug. I'm so sorry." Evie says. "No, it's mine." he says. "Doug!" Chad says. "What?" Doug asks as he turns around to look at Chad. Then he turns back towards Evie. "Doug-" she says softly. "Sorry. I can't." he says and then he walks away. Evie pushes her tray forward. "How long does she think that's gonna last?" I hear Audrey say from close behind me. I suck in a breath and sit up straighter. "Kara is just the bad girl infatuation." she continues. "Yeah." Jane agrees. I see Jane lean forward from the corner of my eye until I can see her whole face. I don't look at her. I just stare forward. "I mean, he's never gonna make a villain a queen." she says. They both laugh and walk away. "Mal." I say angrily. "Way ahead of you." she says as she opens the spellbook and turns towards the right page. "Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair." she says. Then I hear Jane scream and the girls starting to laugh. A grin creeps on my face. We stand up and I turn around to look at them. "There's a lot more where that came from." I say. "Excuse me, who do you think you are?" Audry asks. "Do I look like I'm kidding?" I ask. Their smiles fall. "Mal." I say and she opens the book and starts to flip through the pages. They all look scared and run away. I turn around to face my friends. "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow." I say as I look at each of them. "Let's grab that wand and blow this popsicle stand." They nod and we walk away.

~* *~
2669 words
(23/12/2020)