Chapter- 7

Love isn't just a feeling of being together. It's a feeling of being together to cherish your moments forever. Just because, you've already crossed the path of falling in love, it doesn't forbid you to fall hard for the same person.

In Malhotra Mansion

MaNan's Bedroom

Nandini, yawned and stretched her hands while opening her eyes and looked at her right to see the bed empty. She huffed in anger.

Nandini: Aaj bhi late aaya hoga monster coffee.

She sat up slowly and her palms went up to her belly where their baby was having a peaceful sleep. She smiled while caressing there. Soon, she heard a click sound making her to pull the duvet over her and looked away with her puffed cheeks.

"Lilliput, you're awake?" Manik walked inside with the same tray of nutritious food for Nandini and kept it aside and settled beside her, while she preferred not to look at him.

Manik (sighed): Still angry?

She didn't speak anything.

Manik tried to remove the duvet when she clutched it closer to her and glared at him making him pout.

Manik: Its been a month since I've talked to my baby, Lilliput!

And this tied the last chord of her anger!

Nandini: Wow! So, you do realize that its been a month since you're not home unless you need some 4-5 hours of sleep, right?

Manik looked down in guilt.

Manik: I know Lilliput, I'm not spending time with you, but I've got certain problems for myself too.

Nandini: I? I've got certain problems?

Her voice held hurt in it making him to look up at her.

Nandini: Kabse sab kuch sirf tumhara bann gaya, Manik?

Manik: Lilliput, don't call me that.

Nandini: I will. Jab thak tum mujhe ek outsider manthe ho,thab thak tum Manik hi ho mereliye.

Manik: Outsider? What are you even saying, Lilliput?

Nandini: Was I the one who just took problems all to himself but didn't share?!

He tried to speak when he saw tears welling up in her eyes.

The situation isn't helping her pregnancy hormones, either.

Nandini: Hamesha, hum apne problems share karthe the. Its been a month since you're working outside and even at home, you work a lot. You just sleep for some 4 or 5 hours and then wake up early the next morning after feeding me these vegetables. Tum janthe bhi ho ki mujhe ye stupid vegetables nahi balki tumhara zaroorath hain. That, I couldn't see you working so hard day and night like an animal. Oh, I forgot, ab tho problems tho apna hai, then why should we care about the other.

Spitting all her frustration out with tears falling down her cheeks, she climbed down the bed and walked inside the washroom while hiding her belly inside her largened clothes.

It was the punishment for him. He wouldn't be able to speak with his baby or see him until he shares the issue with her.

While, Manik sat there in guilt.

Manik (muttered): I just..didn't want to bother you, Lilliput.

He combed his hair with his hands in frustration and waited till she come out. Like predicted, she came out after 20 minutes with her swollen eyes making him regret everything that he did to her.