Chapter Four

Jeongguk finds himself going back to that same restaurant a few days later, this time accompanied by Jimin, one of his closest friends and almost-partner. He and Jimin became friends in their first year of college, when they were assigned to a project together, and they just remained that way, being extremely close even now, after almost a decade.

"Never have I imagined myself going on a dinner date with the Jeon Jeongguk, wow, I'm immensely impressed and scared." Jimin mumbles as he sits down, a large smile on his face that makes his eyes look smaller than they actually are but it also makes him look incredibly charming. Jeongguk knows because, in their long years of friendship, he had seen Jimin used that same smile multiple times in order to charm people. It works.

He rolls his eyes at his friend's behavior, choosing to ignore the way Jimin laughs at his expression.

They were comfortable enough with each other so the bickering between them was something normal. Even if they could be considered partners, since they sometimes designed buildings together, they weren't. Jeongguk had his won architecture studio and Jimin worked for another company but they still collaborated sometimes. Jimin was a landscape architect so he clicked well with Jeongguk, who specialized in urban work and designing buildings more.

Apart from their friendship and partnership, there were other details that had influenced their relationship during the years — why they've stayed close for so long. After each of them found the courage to come out as gay, in his case, and bisexual in Jimin's, they became more comfortable with each other. They hooked up a couple of times in their second year of college, many years prior, but they stopped after they realized that they simply didn't click.

Jimin also found himself a, what Jeongguk likes to call, sugar baby and now boyfriend, but they still remained good friends.

"We haven't talked in a while and you've been spamming my phone with photos of you and Hoseok so I decided it'd spare my poor phone some battery life and memory usage  if we just talked face to face." He mumbles, looking through the menu as Jimin just chuckles airily.

"Wise choice, as expected. Should I just go with steak? I'm craving it."

Jeongguk nods absently, still looking through the dishes even if he was craving the same thing as Jimin.

Nodding, he closes the menu. "I'll think I'll have that too and some more side dishes. I'm exhausted and dying of hunger."

Letting the menu down, he looks around, seeing even more people that the last time he's been there.

"You never change, Gguk. You're always eating like a madman. Remember when you ate 7 huge fried rolls? That was mad and I'm still surprised that you kept eating even after that."

He laughs, remembering the night they all went out to celebrate his biggest project, Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin not even being surprised when they noticed that they didn't have fried rolls anymore. However, Jimin, even after one whole year, was still not over it.

"I have high metabolism and I exercise, I can eat as much as I want to. Plus, you eat just as much so shut up."

Jimin smiles cheekily before turning around to the waiter once he finally comes to take their order. He also orders a glass of red wine, an expensive one, then turns towards Jeongguk.

"If you're not drinking with me you have to take me home with your fancy car, mister."

"Of course I do. How's Hoseok?"

Jimin's eyes seem to light up once he mentions his boyfriend's name which is disgusting and cute at the same time because he's not used to seeing Jimin like this, in love and stuff. He's still wondering how that happened.