Chapter Twenty Three

Your author is ugly crying here hahahah haha

Long time no see, right? Well, I come bearing gifts and the almost-end of metanoia.

Hope you like it. This book was stretching too far so I felt like I needed to end it but here will be a few more epilogue chapters and a special chapter for the other couples!

Let me know what you think and also I wanted to let you know that I'll be starting a webtoon based on one of my books soon so if you want to see more about that follow me on Instagram at @/hirae01!!

Enjoy and hope you like it!

Also not edited

And listen to the song while you read or after you finish, it's the theme of the book I guess but there are a lot of other songs that have inspired me

I put them in the playlist if you want to check them out, it's called metanoia and it's on Spotify 

Walking up the stairs to Taehyung's apartment feels overwhelming since his mind can only focus on the dark thoughts clouding his mind, every single one of them including the idea of Taehyung deciding he's not ready for a relationship with him. Jeongguk's fingers are tightened on the bag he's holding, a box of chocolate covered strawberries freshly bought from the best candy shop he knew and a bottle of red wine clinking together as he goes up the steps.

When he finally reaches the door he doesn't even have to knock because Taehyung is already there, opening it with a soft smile on his face, letting Jeongguk step in before he kisses his cheek sweetly.

Good, that's progress for Jeongguk's thoughts. Taehyung isn't acting like he's going to break up with which calms his nerves down, just a tiny bit, because he still has to see what the other has to show him.

"I'm going to get so fat if you keep bringing me chocolate every time we meet." Taehyung mumbles sweetly when Jeongguk hands him the bag, making a small smile flash on his face as well.

The nervousness he's feeling can probably be seen by the other because Taehyung smiles, caressing his cheek with his hand, before he leans in and kisses him.

"You don't have to be nervous. If so, I should be the nervous one here since I think you'll probably hate me after this." He mumbles and Jeongguk frowns for a few seconds, not understanding how and why would Taehyung think he could even possibly hate him.

Shaking his head, Jeongguk smiles back, still frowning. "I couldn't ever possibly hate you, love." He doesn't say the following words because he still thinks it's too soon, too soon for him to be so deep into this, into Taehyung.

Love means to live, Jeongguk knows, but he's become aware, ever since coming true to himself about his feelings to Taehyung, that love can also kill you, slowly.

Taehyung suggests they eat dinner first and Jeongguk, hoping to get rid of the dark feelings inside him, agrees, so they resume to eating the cooked meal slowly while they both pretend they're not scared, Taehyung sipping from his glass of wine but not even finishing it throughout the dinner, probably wanting to stay sober. Jeongguk barely manages to gulp down a few bites of steak before he announces he's not that hungry anymore.

When they finish, Taehyung gets up and motions for him to follow, which he does, sitting on the couch as his lover goes to retrieve something from the shelf.

"I want you to read this," he says as he hands Jeongguk one envelope, making him frown towards it. "even if you're already aware of what's written inside it. I want you, I need you, to read it first."