Chapter Seventeen

Fluff again!

Enjoy!

Not proofread

"You didn't do that."

Jeongguk looks up, raising an eyebrow towards Taehyung as he keeps chewing, wondering what his boyfriend is even talking about.

"Do what?" He asks, not understanding the question as he pops another piece of fried meat in his mouth.

"You— you literally dipped your meat into soy sauce before eating it and then you dipped your salad and everything else too. Two times each. How can you even eat so much soy sauce? No, wait, how can you eat so much?"

A chuckle leaves Jeongguk's lips as he stares at Taehyung's dumbfounded expression, finding the whole conversation cute, the other having his brows furrowed as he stares at the food in front of them.

"Oh, I eat a lot. You should've seen me eat 7 fried rolls one night with my friends without even blinking right before I kept eating. My friend from college, Jimin, always tells me that I eat like a madman and that I'll someday get fat but I guess it won't actually happen."

Taehyung tilts his head questioningly, his eyes tracing Jeongguk's upper body in a curious way.

"Where does it go though? I'm so envious of you right now. You have the body of a model, what the hell. Some people are privileged."

Taehyung is smiling as he says that, shaking his head, but Jeongguk is well aware that the other eats just as much as himself. The only difference is that Jeongguk does it because he works out so he needs to keep his calories and proteins in check, while Taehyung does it because he craves a lot of stuff. It doesn't affect him, even if Jeongguk found out that Taehyung, despite his long legs and slim figure, has a bit of belly fat, he finds it extremely endearing and cute. He'd be happy if his boyfriend gained a bit of weight too since his cheeks seem too hollow sometimes but that's not a choice he can make.

"Oh, you know where it goes." He mumbles as he winks, a playful smirk playing on his lils, watching as Taehyung's mouth opens before continuing his sentence. "On my thighs, of course."

"You're such an idiot, Jeongguk."

They both burst into laughter, Taehyung's words and his smiling face contrasting each other as he keeps eating, making Jeongguk realize that he's doing his job of making the other happy quite well. He thinks they're doing extremely good for now, two weeks into their relationship and not hurrying for one second, acting just like they've been doing until now. Taehyung does stay over more often, Jeongguk realizing that he's slowly getting used to waking up next to the other, but there is still a cold wall between them. Not built on his side because, ever since establishing their status, Jeongguk's opened up more, has become more affectionate. Taehyung's the same but, sometimes, as they cuddle or kiss, Jeongguk can feel the fear hidden inside his mind, the fear of being abandoned, of indifference. He knows he can't help it, that everything he can do for now is show Taehyung how serious he is about them, about him, but he sometimes thinks that the other forces himself to think in a different way.

Taehyung has insecurities and, from his own experience, Jeongguk knows that it isn't easy to get rid of them, of fears, so he'll just keep trying until the other will slowly heal himself and get rid of the storm that clouds his mind from time to time.

"But I'm a nice type of idiot." He mumbles back, laughing when Taehyung shakes his head.

"That, you really are. You're a dork. I literally never expected that fancy man I met in the gallery or the man that had Gucci shoes near the pond to turn out like this."