Chapter Eight

I had so much fun writing this chapter

Also I have to thank Rani for proofreading it and always listening to my brags!! Love you and thank you

Enjoy!

Jeongguk chugs his water as he walks down the stairs of his gym, his bag hanging over his shoulder, making his back hurt even more than it already does. The only thing he loathes about his job is the fact that he has to sit on a chair for numerous hours, which leaves him exhausted and sore. He has to go to the gym at least five times a week to make sure that he doesn't reach his thirties with strained back and bone pain.

His phone starts ringing when he reaches his car and Jeongguk hurries to take it out since he doesn't get a lot of messages or phone calls except the ones related to work. He doesn't want to miss those so he wipes his hand on his shorts and opens his phone, frowning when he notices the name written on the screen.

It's a message from Taehyung, the man he's been meeting a lot lately, each of their meetings happening in unusual situations. Jeongguk wasn't expecting him to message or call anymore since it's been at least one week or even more since they've last seen each other, but there he is, staring at his phone like it's an unsolvable dilemma.

Taehyung's message isn't something startling, just an invitation for lunch, but Jeongguk doesn't answer right away. He drives home, drinking even more water due to how stressed he feels, eventually answering when he reaches the comfort of his apartment.

He isn't sure what exactly is going on in Taehyung's mind but, again, he isn't sure what going on in his sometimes, so that's not bizarre at all. Jeongguk thinks going out with Taehyung, hardly a stranger might be too immediate for him since he's not the friendly type. He's been getting used to living alone and doing everything his way, barely going out with his closest friends. Having lunch with someone he's met only a couple of times seems unreasonable but Jeongguk finds himself liking the idea of talking with the man more so he ends up agreeing to meet Taehyung the following day.

The next evening he finds himself seated in a nearby restaurant, dressed in his work clothes since he's left his office earlier to make it in time. He's used to staying there until midnight so having dinner with someone and eating a decent meal is not very usual for him.

Taehyung arrives a few minutes later and now, that Jeongguk takes his time to watch him, he realizes that the man is indeed stunning in a way that he can't define. His features are elegant but the way he dresses, his oversized shirts, and the hats he wears, make him stand out even more in Jeongguk's eyes.

"I'm late and I was the one asking you out, what a shame!" He mumbles as he walks closer, a delicate smile spread on his face.

Jeongguk smiles sweetly before standing up to take Taehyung's coat for him, noticing the way the other's eyebrows raise at his action.

"Was not expecting that. What a gentleman." Taehyung says it in a teasing way, his lips slightly raising in a smile and Jeongguk feels his cheeks heat up due to his words.

He's 28 but he doesn't get compliments at all. Taehyung notices the way his cheeks flush and he chuckles before sitting down, Jeongguk following him after he gives his coat to the awaiting waiter.

"We ended up going out for dinner but I'd love a coffee right now." Taehyung sighs, his eyelids drooping in an exhausted manner over his eyes.

Jeongguk is, to say the least, astounded by the comfortable tone Taehyung uses but he finds it unwinding, his nervousness and awkward nature almost disappearing.

"It's not healthy to drink coffee right now but I'm not the one to talk. We can have some wine if you'd like." Taehyung laughs, his eyes sparkling under the lights as he shakes his head.