Chapter Nine

I enjoy writing metanoia too much

Enjoy!

And stay safe!

Also I'll make a playlist on Spotify with the songs that have inspired me to write this book soon

They don't talk for a few days because Jeongguk isn't sure of how he should approach the other and Taehyung doesn't seem to want to reach out to him either since he's not messaging or calling Jeongguk. In the end, he finds himself going to the restaurant the younger one works at after his last evening meeting, hoping that Taehyung is on his shift at that hour. Luck is on his side because the boy is indeed working, smiling towards customers as Jeongguk walks in. Their eyes meet for a few seconds and the other smiles sweetly, Jeongguk nodding his head before letting another waiter guide him to a free table.

He isn't even hungry so he ends up ordering a simple chocolate cake, his eyes trailing after Taehyung as the other serves clients with a smiling face and sparkling eyes.

Taehyung comes by his table after almost 20 minutes, standing by the edge, so close that Jeongguk's elbow is touching his thigh.

"I can't really talk since I have another hour to go but I came by to say hi." He mumbles softly, brown hair falling over his eyes and Jeongguk feels his finger twitch on the table, barely restraining himself from getting up and sliding it behind his ear. "Would you like something else or are you just going to stare at your half eaten cake for another hour?"

Taehyung is confident when he talks, raising a brow and tilting his head towards the plate, making Jeongguk stare at it for a few seconds before he turns back towards him.

"Why do you think I plan on staying for another hour?" He asks, his lips raised in a teasing smile, something that doesn't seem to work on Taehyung at all, the boy returning the smile ten times more powerful.

"I know you didn't come here just to eat a chocolate cake, Jeongguk. It's late, you're probably tired and you could've ordered it if you were really craving one."

"Maybe it was a really good and unique chocolate cake."

Taehyung chuckles, turning away without answering and Jeongguk finds himself doing the same, the sound seeming almost new to his ears. He enjoys it.

He does end up ordering another cake and more dishes, asking the waiter to put those and a bottle of wine in a to go bag. He spends his remaining time walking around the pond outside, admiring the fish swimming in it even if his whole body is freezing. At some point he crouches next to the pond, putting his hand in it just like he's seen Taehyung do. The fish don't come next to his hand and Jeongguk feels disappointed but he keeps swirling his fingers in the freezing water anyway.

"Your fingers are going to fall off if you stay there any longer. You didn't bring food so they won't come since they're not sensing it."

Jeongguk turns around, watching Taehyung lean on one of the flower pillars behind him, his apron no longer in sight, which means that his shift was already over. He gets up, wiping his hand on a handkerchief he keeps in his pocket, putting it back inside after he's done.

"So that's why none of them came to me." He mumbles, looking up only to be met with Taehyung's dumbstruck expression.

"You even carry a handkerchief around! Are you a 70's enthusiast or you're just really well mannered and a true gentleman?"

Jeongguk chuckles, shaking his head as he walks closer to Taehyung, the other smiling as well before they both start walking back towards the entrance.