Chapter Twenty Two

Hello! This is short but I haven't been able to write for metanoia ever since I got out of hiatus. I'll end this book soon!

Hope you enjoy!

Not edited

Jeongguk is in a meeting with a client when Taehyung messages him, telling him that he's finished his classes and he's free for the rest of the night. All he wants to do is leave and go treat his boyfriend to dinner but, due to the woman in front of him, he can't do that, so he sighs, sending him a quick answer before letting his phone drop on the table. The woman in front of him keeps revising the details of her home structure and Jeongguk would love to tell her to shut up since he already knows those. However, due to very obvious reasons, he can't, so he smiles, and nods, as he waits for the meeting to end.

After almost twenty minutes he receives another message, excusing himself as he checks his phone only to notice that it's from Taehyung. His heartbeat picks up embarrassingly fast at the sight of his name on the screen and it leaps even more in his chest after he reads his message.

"I'll come visit your office if you don't mind! I'm bringing food. Jimin sent me the address so it's his fault!"

Jeongguk can't help the smile that grows on his face as he texts back a reply before putting the phone back on the glass table. The woman has stopped talking and is now staring intensely at him.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend, mister Jeon." She says, her voice so incredibly high that Jeongguk thinks she must've undergone some surgeries for it.

He keeps his professionalism on, smiling before he answers her. "We are here to discuss business, miss Choi, not my personal life. Now, if you have nothing else to add to the already decided plan, you are free to leave. The project will start in two days."

The woman gets up after that even if Jeongguk notices the scowl on her face as he escorts her to the door of his office. He's not blind and he knows that most of his female clients come to him, not because of his skills, but because of how young he is. Poor them, Jeongguk's always been good at shutting the hopes of people down.

When he opens the door of his office and lets her step out first Jeongguk can already see Taehyung waiting outside, talking to one of his coworkers while smiling brightly. They both turn towards them, Jaehyun, his coworker, smiling towards the woman.

"It was a pleasure to work with you, miss Choi. Thank you for choosing us."

Of course, Jaehyun, being the charmer that he is, makes her blush.

"Of course, I will happily come again if needed. Although I'd appreciate if mister Jeon met me for dinner after the construction ends."

She's talking to Jaehyun like him or Taehyung aren't even there which is obviously rude. Now, Jeongguk isn't a rude person himself but the look on Taehyung's face, the sadness in his eyes and the reminder of the fact that he's been hurt in the past for being gay makes him step past the woman and towards his boyfriend. He doesn't care what other people think of him and he'll never do such thing as tell Taehyung that people couldn't see them together or be ashamed of who he is.

"My love, I see you brought food. Thank you." He kisses his cheek and he can sense the way Taehyung's body relaxes under his touch when one of his arms makes its way around his waist.

When he turns around, Jeongguk simply wants to laugh at the woman's wide eyes. Jaehyun, behind her, is covering his mouth with his hand in an attempt to stop himself from laughing like he usually does.

"Miss Choi, it was truly a pleasure to work with you. Now, excuse me but I have to show my gratitude to my boyfriend for bringing me dinner."

He takes the bag out of Taehyung's hand and walks past a chuckling Jaehyun straight into his office. Once they close the door he turns towards Taehyung and touches the skin between his brows.

"That woman burnt my brain alive, I swear. If I ever have to listen to her voice again I'll have a seizure." He looks at Taehyung, noticing the way the other stares at him, and panics. "Was that too daring, love? Would you have wanted us to keep it low for a while?"

Taehyung shakes his head at that, walking towards him and circling his arms around his waist before he buries his head into his shoulder, pressing a kiss on the skin of his neck.

"No, I don't mind it." Taehyung then looks up, his hazel eyes sparkling as Jeongguk stares into them. He leans down, not being able to stop, and kisses Taehyung before the other starts smiling. "I have to leave now but I want you to come over when you're done with work, ok? I have to show you something."

He nods and watches Taehyung leave his office absent minded, a strand of fear tugging at his heart. He doesn't know what to expect because the look in Taehyung's eyes was different, scared, almost like he was terrified of his reaction. He spends the following two hours drawing, or trying to draw, but every attempt fails and he, at last, decides to let Jaehyun do the rest, his friend telling him to go home and rest. Jeongguk would love that, would love to go home, to Taehyung, and sleep next to him, but something, his gut feeling probably, is telling him that what Taehyung has to tell him will change their relationship.

He hopes it will evolve into something better but the sweat on his hands as he grips the steering wheel and the tremor of his heart still makes him panic. Everything was going so well and here he is now, scared that Taehyung has decided he cannot love him, that he cannot have a relationship right now, that he wants to stay alone.

Jeongguk doesn't think his heart could take a breakup, not when Taehyung, the person he's fallen in love with, is involved.