Chapter Twenty

Hi! This is a shorter chapter because there should've been smut in the beginning but I won't post that on wattpad, sorry. I don't feel comfortable knowing that some of you are underage and posting it on ao3 feels safer.

When I'll finish metanoia I'll post it on ao3 fully and you'll be able to check the smut there if you still want to. There will probably be more parts since I'll include more in the future.

Anyway, enjoy!

And please, stay safe.

Not edited

Their bodies are collided together on the mattress, limbs entangled together as Jeongguk makes sure he holds Taehyung close to his body, showing him that he doesn't want him to go anywhere else now. The other is clearly enjoying it, humming softly as he lays with his cheek on Jeongguk's chest, listening to his heartbeat and tracing his chest tattoo.

"Your heartbeat is so calming."

Jeongguk smiles at his words, kissing him again, then he turns them around and starts peppering kisses on Taehyung's skin as the other massages his scalp, just like he did a few minutes prior during their intimate moment. Taehyung is precious and astonishing and Jeongguk wants nothing more than to just show him how amazing he is, how he deserves to be treated. So he does, kissing his skin softly and telling him that every part of him is perfect, astonishing, that he deserves so much more than he or anyone on that world can offer.

When he looks up, the other has tears in his eyes and he panics a little, thinking that he's went too far, too fast.

"Hey," He says, cupping his face in his hands and wiping the tears away with his thumbs as he moves to be closer to him. "what's wrong?"

Taehyung merely shakes his head at that, letting him know that he's fine without using any words and Jeongguk sighs, smiling softly before he presses a sweet kiss on his forehead. It makes Taehyung sniffle a little and Jeongguk starts chuckling when the other circles his arms around his back, pulling him closer, like they could connect even more if the laws of physics allowed them to. He tightens his arms around him and Jeongguk sighs, knowing that Taehyung is doing that because he's scared, scared that he'll be left alone.

"My love, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I thought I proved you that tonight." He mumbles in his ear, kissing the skin there softly before he leans back, caressing his cheeks as Taehyung simply stares at him with wide eyes.

They look at each other and Taehyung blinks for a few times as Jeongguk keeps caressing his cheeks before a smile spreads on his face, one that the older would love to see every single day when he wakes up and when he falls asleep. When Taehyung takes a hold of his wrists, Jeongguk thinks he'll push him away, he thinks that he will disappear again, that he'll vanish right in front of his eyes, just like he's been so scared he'll do.

He doesn't expect the other to kiss his knuckles, just like he's been doing all that time, before he cups his face instead and pulls his face closer, pecking his lips as he starts talking.

"I might be a menace, a mess, and I might have a hard time accepting this, but promise me that you'll never leave me. Even if I start pushing you away, promise me that you'll still follow my steps and force me right back into your arms because, Jeongguk, I feel like this is where I belong but I'm so, so scared that you'll end up leaving someday, breaking me even more than I already am."

A smile spreads on Jeongguk's face and tears well up in his eyes at Taehyung's words. He's never experienced something like this, crying over something a person has said, but he thinks it's a beautiful emotion, feeling so overwhelmed by someone's words. He nods, chuckling, then kisses Taehyung deeper, rougher, in an attempt to tell him all the words he couldn't say.

"I'll be right here, Taehyung. I'll be right here even if the sky fell upon us, I'll be right here through the darkest of storms and I'll help you embrace them instead of letting you run from them. I'll show you the way back home, just like you've shown me mine, and I won't ever let go of you, not even when you'll push me away. I'll keep holding onto you, for us, and I'll put together every broken piece you have, every broken piece we both have. I'll show you that broken pieces can create the most astonishing pieces of art if they're cared for enough. And you're already art for me, Taehyung, my love." He's breathless when he stops but he doesn't care, staring into Taehyung's dark irises as the other does just the same.

Taehyung kisses him again, deeper than usual, and Jeongguk understands the words that he's pouring into the action, he reads them in his eyes. He falls asleep right after with his head on his chest and his legs around him, like he doesn't want to let go anytime soon, like he wants to make sure he won't disappear. Jeongguk doesn't close his eyes for a few hours after that, playing with his hair and kissing the top of his head, smiling whenever he remembers something Taehyung's done, or when he remembers their first time that night.

His chest is warm and he can feel his stomach tightening whenever a memory pops into his mind and, for the first time, he wonders if that's what it feels like to be in love.

Not to love, because Jeongguk loves a lot of things and persons. He loves his job, his friends, his family.

But he realizes, as Taehyung moves and he notices the moles on his face and his long lashes, that he's in love with him. He's in love with his soul, with his mind and passion, with everything that surrounds him, from his unique sense of fashion and dorky persona to his intriguing mind and boxy smile. And he realizes that he would've probably loved him even if they've met in any other way, not in the art gallery.

They could've met at the restaurant, with Taehyung serving his table, and he would've still ended up loving the man because, Jeongguk realizes that everyone might have a destiny written for them in the stars and his was probably right there, next to him, under the form of a young, bright, man, that has changed his entire life.