Chapter Sixteen

Just fluff!!

Enjoy! Not edited

"So, what is this called?"

Jeongguk turns around, watching Taehyung as he points to one of his numerous t-squares that are perched on the wall of his home office.

"That's a t-square. We use it as a guide when we draw." Jeongguk answers, taking his glasses off and setting them on the table before he rotates his neck in order to relieve the tension in his muscles.

He's been working on a project for a few hours while Taehyung was sleeping but now, that he's woken up, the younger is walking around curiously, asking him about his tools and projects. Jeongguk was expecting it to be annoying but he finds it cute, enchanting, Taehyung being dressed in one of his large t-shirts, which makes everything so much more domestic and comfortable.

"Oh, so you put it on the table and then use other scales to draw by guiding them on it, right?" Taehyung asks, turning around, and Jeongguk smiles before nodding.

"Right, but we only do that for axonometric projection but it is indeed used for other techniques as well. You could be an architect already, that's basically the basis of it all."

The younger chuckles airily before walking towards him, Jeongguk moving his chair so that the other can sit on his lap. It's been a week since they've started to properly date and Jeongguk thinks the comfort between them has become much more familiar now, him and Taehyung not being scared to show affection anymore. He circles his arms around Taehyung's waist, letting the other rest his forehead on his.

"You're really clingy for a 27 year old, Jeongguk." Taehyung mumbles teasingly, saying something he's been telling him a lot during the past few days, making him roll his eyes.

Jeongguk can't help it. Can't help the lingering touches he leaves on Taehyung's waist whenever they meet, the need to constantly hold his hand and kiss his knuckles, to kiss him and show him that he's being cared for. He's affectionate, he is aware, but he feels like a child that hasn't been allowed to eat sweets all his life and he's finally able to do it for the first time. It's addicting in a way he can't describe. He's never felt affection like this, from a significant other, he's never been able to be this affectionate either so now that he's finally doing it, it feels like everything is ten times stronger.

"Says the one that's always sitting on my lap even if there's a whole ass couch in the room." He whispers back, following the way Taehyung's lips turn into a smile as he leans down to press a kiss on them.

"I'm cold and you're always warm."

"You could get dressed in proper clothes instead of walking around half naked."

He loves teasing Taehyung but the other doesn't get embarrassed or shy easily, being confident in his words and actions.

"Or you could just warm me up instead. And we both know I have amazing legs."

Jeongguk realizes, even only after weeks of knowing each other, that Taehyung has the ability, and can, wrap everyone around his little finger easily. He's charismatic, sweet, nice, and Jeongguk feels himself slipping further every time their eyes meet, but at the same time he realizes that Taehyung, the confident, the beautiful man he knows, is also scared. He's scared of being rejected, of not being accepted as he is, so whenever he says something daring, or something unique that shows how intriguing his mind is, his eyes sadden, like he expects Jeongguk to tell him to stop being clingy, to mature up.

He doesn't do that, smiling widely as he gets up from the chair instead, holding Taehyung's thighs as he walks out the office.

And, really, his loud laughter shouldn't feel that good, but the echo that resonates through his empty house makes it seem warmer, like that sound was the something it lacked.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asks when he notices Jeongguk walking towards the couch.

He smiles towards his, now proclaimed boyfriend, laying him softly on the couch before he collects the softest blanket he has in his house.

"I'm warming you up. Ready for some cuddles?"

When he sits on the couch, letting the blanket drop over Taehyung's bare legs, the other envelops him in a side hug, pressing his lips to his neck, something Jeongguk's come to realize that Taehyung loves doing. It's his favorite spot, pressing soft kisses there whenever they hug, like he's trying to tell Jeongguk something, maybe thank him, maybe not. He doesn't know, he doesn't know a lot of things about Taehyung, but he enjoys discovering them slowly.

They choose a movie, watching it as Jeongguk circles his arms around Taehyung and, as it rolls on the background, he falls asleep due to how exhausted he feels. He thinks Taehyung's presence next to him is also a factor since it calms him down. When he wakes up Taehyung is no longer next to him and something inside Jeongguk drops at the thought that, maybe, they've gone to the starting point, and the other has left. He gets up and goes into the kitchen to drink water, finding the other, his boyfriend, stirring some vegetables in a pan.

"Oh, I thought you'd be hungry so I went through your fridge. For someone that doesn't cook at all, you have a lot of vegetables."

Jeongguk smiles, dropping a kiss on Taehyung's forehead as he walks past him, towards the fridge, taking a glass bottle of water from it.

"I drink a lot of smoothies in the morning or before I work out so I store vegetables and fruit quite often."

The other nods, scrunching his nose as he says "ew, vegetable smoothies", making Jeongguk laugh out loud.

"Would you like to stay over?" He asks Taehyung after they eat, the other shaking his head as he gets up from the table and walks towards him, sitting on his lap again.

"I have class early in the morning and something to do in the afternoon so I can't. We can meet for lunch if you'd like to."

Taehyung, as confident as he is sometimes, is still reluctant to their relationship and Jeongguk doesn't blame him. He understands that he can't trust him easily, that he can't jump blindfolded into the sea, so he doesn't mind it. He used to be the same before. Taehyung needs reassurance, affection, comfort and peace, something Jeongguk would try his best to offer.

"I'd love to. I'll drive you home, don't even try to argue."