Epilogue: Special Chapter

Side couples special

Yoongi frowns as he stares at the man in front of him, dropping his gaze to their hands, both seated on top of a limited edition music album.

"I think I was the first to get here." He says, trying to make the man understand that he truly wants that album to be his and that he won't hesitate to fight over it. Even if he's much shorter, that doesn't matter.

The man, in such an annoying matter, pushes his glasses on his nose and Yoongi tilts his head to the side, waiting for his answer. "Technically," he mumbles before raising his head, smiling so wide despite his deadly glare, "I presume I am older than you so I was the first to be born on this planet but, even if I am not older than you, both of us have the same age because we are all made from the same matter that's been here since the Big Bang so there's no point in saying someone is older or younger if we're all actually the same age so, to sum everything I said up, we're both a few million years old—

"Shut up already and get it, my head hurts, what the fuck? 8 hours of algebra courses and this is what I get instead of a nice, long sleep. Just get it, okay?"

The man eyes Yoongi curiously, his dimples disappearing along with his smile, which is a little disappointing because he actually looked cute.

"You're the epitome of human kindness, little human. Let me treat you to a coffee. Or perhaps some tea?"

Yoongi frowns again, he doesn't think he's frowned so much since his graduation exam, and tilts his head. "Dude, you just told me that we're both a few million years old in order to get that thing and now you want me to hang out with you?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I want." The man says, so sure on himself that it surprises Yoongi.

"Wow, that was fast and totally unexpected from you. Why should I hang out with you? You could be a killer or something."

The man raises his hand, touching his chin, and Yoongi thinks he's in some sort of bad comedy at this point.

"Well, aren't we all killers? We kill ourselves as days pass by with saddening concepts and ideas."

"I'll leave now." Yoongi mumbles, sighing as he turns away, leaving the strange man behind, curiously staring after him.

Yoongi doesn't expect to meet him again a few weeks later while going to the National College to meet a former student and help them with their thesis. The man is sitting outside the building, on the grass, petting a cat that seems to belong there, smoking while he's doing it. Yoongi doesn't recognize him at first but he does recognize those dimples when the man smiles towards the cat. He thinks it's a different sight than the one he's seen at the record shop, the man looking more human now, unlike his strange persona from that day. Taking a risk while sighing, Yoongi decides to step towards, crouching down and starting to pet the cat as well. They make eye contact and the man seems to recognize him, his eyes widening as they both look at each other.

"Look, little Schrödinger, someone nice came over to pet you."

"Do you know that you're the reason of a paradox with major implications in quantum theory, little one?" Yoongi asks, smiling as he realizes the reference, looking at the cat before he makes eye contact with the man again. The man looks surprised.

"Wow." He mumbles as a smile appears on his face, showing those dimples again. "Go on a date with me."

Yoongi coughs so much that he almost dies right there but he fortunately regains himself, staring at the man in front of him with a questioning gaze, his cheeks certainly blushed due to how embarrassed he feels.