Chapter Twelve

Hello! I've been sick for the past 2 or 3 days so I haven't been able to update but here is a longer chapter!

I hope you'll enjoy it and make sure to let me know what you think. It makes me really happy to hear your thoughts/theories!

Excuse my mistakes. Didn't have time to proofread.

Jeongguk doesn't know what to say, opening his lips in an attempt to voice out his thoughts, but failing every time. Taehyung is still clinging to him and he probably also notices his awkwardness because he nods before taking a deep breath, like he's preparing to tell Jeongguk something important.

"Jeongguk, what pronouns does a chocolate kiss go by?" He asks, looking at Jeongguk like he's actually expecting an answer, the other tilting his head confused. "Her/she." Taehyung mumbles again, his brows furrowed as he bites his bottom lip like he's trying to contain his laughter.

Jeongguk can't, snorting as he throws his head back. The joke isn't that funny but he can't stop the loud laughter that falls out of his lips, his hands still tightly wrapped around Taehyung's waist.

"That" He tries to say, wiping away a tear as he finally looks at Taehyung again, the other sporting a huge, genuine, smile, one that makes his eyes look smaller, the kind that would make your cheeks hurt. "was really bad, Taehyung." He continues, subconsciously leaning down to press his lips on Taehyung's again, not for the need of physical warmth or sexual desire, just for the fact that he's made him laugh, that he's turned the sense atmosphere between them into something like that.

Jeongguk realizes as he leans away that he's also done that, kiss Taehyung softly, because his mind told him it was right. He also thinks it was right so he smiles, taking Taehyung's hand in his own. "But it was also really refreshing."

When they leave the terrace, Taehyung is still clutching to him and, even if it does seem rushed and unexpected, Jeongguk's enjoying it more than he should.

Their food comes soon and they eat while chatting about their days, Taehyung widening his eyes surprised when Jeongguk tells him that he has bluetooth speakers built into his walls. The younger immediately connects his phone and puts a soft song on, something that relaxes Jeongguk's mind.

"This is nice, it's very relaxing." He says, sipping from his glass of wine, finally being able to drink since he doesn't have to drive.

"Yeah, I love their songs. They're very meaningful." Taehyung smiles, looking outside the window in Jeongguk's living room, his eyes seeming lost.

Jeongguk takes a deep breath and prepares himself for what's to come. "Taehyung?" The other turns towards him, raising his eyebrows questioningly. "What's your biggest fear?"

It's a tricky question but he wants to hear Taehyung's answer, wants to see the part of himself that he so terribly wants to hide from the rest of the world through his smiles. Jeongguk thinks he might already know the answer but he still watches carefully as Taehyung turns towards the window, sighing.

"My biggest fear?" He asks, like he's trying to find the answer himself. "I don't know. When I was younger I used to be afraid of spiders, you know? But, as we grow older, our fears start losing an image, a color, they're not physical matters anymore. We go from fearing monsters under our bed to being afraid of feelings. We sometimes realize that the monsters might've been better than what we've come to fear now."

It's not an answer but Jeongguk understands Taehyung's words, he understands that Taehyung, a part of him, is scared of emotions, of letting himself unravel in front of others, so he doesn't push him. The other turns towards him, popping a strawberry into his mouth before talking. "What's your biggest fear, Jeongguk?"