Epilogue

Jeongguk smiles as he opens the door to the theater, nodding towards other people as he walks towards the main room. He sees Jimin on the way but he decides to only wave towards his friend and continue his search for his fiancé.

He does see Taehyung, right were he was expecting him to be, next to one of his favorite paintings, smiling as he talks to different people. Jeongguk doesn't want to interrupt him so he waits behind them, Taehyung eyeing him subtly through his glasses. After the last person leaves he finally makes his way towards his fiancé and embraces him. He hasn't seen him in five days since he's been abroad for one of his newest architecture projects so the feeling of Taehyung's hands on his cheeks makes him smile in the short kiss they share.

"Welcome back, busy mafia leader." The other mumbles, stepping away chuckling as Jeongguk simply rolls his eyes.

"One day I'm going to get arrested because of your words."

"Oh, please. It's not like anyone would believe me. Your cute face couldn't rule a mafia."

Jeongguk smirks before shaking his head and decides to just let Taehyung be. The two years they've spent together have thought him that the boy did what he wanted anyway so there was no reason to argue. Turning towards the painting on the wall Jeongguk smiles, entwining his fingers with Taehyung's as they both watch the large canvas.

"You've really brought this to the largest art exhibition in Seoul?" He asks, hearing Taehyung sigh besides him.

"But this is pure art, Gguk. It's the most popular piece so I literally won the bet. You said no one would like it but everyone did."

Jeongguk did say that because he would've never believed that people would actually enjoy a painting of his body. Well, his back. Somehow, Taehyung's photographic memory seemed to be on another level because, one night, as he watched Jeongguk get out of bed, he simply got up and mumbled something about having to put this on paper before he forgot. At first Jeongguk didn't understand him but after just ten minutes, his fiancé at that time as well, came back to bed with his sketchbook and a picture of Jeongguk's bare back on it. The drawing was amazing but, somehow, Taehyung wasn't content with it so he simply did another one with oils on such a large canvas that Jeongguk feared he would fall off his chair as he painted.

However, he understood why they all liked the painting.

It wasn't about him at all. It was the way he was painted, like he was actually there, ready to get up and leave, but deciding to stay. His head was slightly turned sideways and his skin was flushed, drips of sweat rolling onto his muscles with such precision that Jeongguk wondered if Taehyung was actually real or not, if such talent could even exist. What made the painting special, for him, a detail only they could understand, was the golden ring on his hand, painted with just as much precision and love.

It was the paining of the night he'd proposed, one of their happiest moments, and Taehyung's own way of keeping the memory alive. Jeongguk hasn't taken his ring off since then and neither has Taehyung, both of the objects being made from the same piece gold and bearing the same ridges and details. Jeongguk's asked the artist to make them as if they were pieces of glass put back together with gold and, fortunately, the girl managed to fulfill his wish perfectly. It was the detail that made the painting unique.

Jeongguk turned away from the painting, watching Taehyung's side profile as he watched the image in front of him with sparkling eyes, like he was feeling those emotions all over again.

Every time he watched him he realized what art truly was.

Taehyung, ever since the first day they've met, has been the biggest piece of art he's seen but Jeongguk has come to realize that art wasn't a visual matter.

It was something that could change your life, that was what art should be seen as. It could've been a painting, a song, a photograph, a book, anything really, even a little pebble on the ground. If it made people think differently, if it helped them change themselves for the better, make them realize that life was important and beautiful, then it could be considered art.

Jeongguk used to think that art was just about visualizing things, about something that could make you stare, and stare, forever, but it was more than that.

It was about change, rebirth, light, love and so many more things that he couldn't even describe it. Art was something you didn't fully enjoy until you experienced it on your own skin, until you changed for the better with the help of it.

For Jeongguk, Taehyung was art.

Not because he could stare at him for hours and never get tired of it, even if that was also a factor, but because Taehyung's helped him change.

Smiling, he leans in until he kisses Taehyung on the lips, surprising the other.

"What was that for?" His fiancé asks, smiling, not seeming bothered by the action.

"I'm thankful to have met you."

Because you've showed me what art truly was.

It was love.

the end

The drawing of Jeongguk (kind of). Visit it on my instagram to support it (it was drawn by me so it's not perfect but it's part of the book sooo here you go )

 Visit it on my instagram to support it (it was drawn by me so it's not perfect but it's part of the book sooo here you go )