Chapter Eleven

Hello, I ended up tearing while writing this chapter. If you're up for a challenge, listen to the song with lyrics before reading or while reading idk

I love this song and everything from them but Light is literally the theme of this book and I listen to it almost on repeat while I'm writing.

Enjoy!

"So, I heard you went out with the pretty boy from the restaurant a few nights ago." Jimin says with a teasing smile on his face, and Jeongguk really wants to slap it away and leave. He doesn't do that, sighing as he massages his forehead with the tips of his fingers.

"Seokjin is banned from my list of friends from now on." He says, hearing Jimin laugh next to him before he mumbles something about the other being his cousin.

They're in a park near Jeongguk's office, sitting on a bench, Jimin having called him 20 minutes prior to ask if he was free since he had some business around. Of course, Jimin went to the extent to threaten him that he'll barge into his office even if he says no so Jeongguk found himself agreeing.

"I'm glad, Jeongguk. You're finally showing interest in someone so I'm really glad." His friend says and, when Jeongguk turns towards Jimin, the other is glaring at him mischievously. Of course, he should've expected it coming. "So, have you—

"Shut up, Jimin, not every relationship is based on that."

His friend starts laughing, his hand patting Jeongguk on the back quite hard. "Oh, no one said they are but that's also an important factor. It's fine if you both want to take it slow though."

Jeongguk nods, agreeing with Jimin because he doesn't have the necessary energy to explain the other that, whatever it is between him and Taehyung, isn't even based on touching. The only thing they've done was to hold hands as he drove Taehyung back home in a comfortable silence. He doesn't tell Jimin that because he's sure that his friend would ask him lots of questions and Jeongguk thinks that his and Taehyung's feelings shouldn't be something to talk about with others. The connection between them is just enough to reassure them that everything is fine, as Jimin says, but he can't help feeling like he wants more after thinking about his friend's words.

"If he'll make you happy, I'll give him a huge ass hug when I properly meet him." Jimin sighs, his words falling into the air as both of them start laughing, Jeongguk's thoughts resonating around the idea.

If he'll make me happy.

He isn't sure what happiness brought by love even feels like and, from the way things are, he thinks he isn't the only one that has to understand and experience that emotion, both of them do. The façade Taehyung's been putting on is slowly starting to crack under his eyes and, every time they meet again, Jeongguk realizes that the other's soul is deeper than he thought at first.

During the past few days they've been texting, Taehyung even calling him during the previous night, after he finished work, talking to him as he walked down the streets while Jeongguk stared out of his window, leaning on the wall of his apartment with a smile on his face and a kind of warmth in his heart that he never know he could feel from a single phone call.

"So, what are you doing now?" Taehyung asked him, the tone of his voice amused and Jeongguk could picture his smiling face.

"I'm watching the stars from my window." He answered back, moving even closer to the window, staring at the dark sky, the stars shining on it reminding him of Taehyung.

"Oh, you're able to watch the stars from where you live? The only thing I see from my window is the building next to ours."

Jeongguk never meant to be that straight forward but, during that moment, the words fell out of his mouth before he could stop himself. It wasn't much but it was still a step he's never taken with someone before.