2. Accidentally Married Grover

Annabeth
Once I finished the designs for the new library (which sucked up a good amount of my morning- it had to be perfect), I decided to walk to the training areas and pay Percy a little visit. I walked down the long dirt path, the sun was shining, birds and nymphs were singing in the trees, it was a good day.

When I reached the training area, I saw Jason (who looked pretty tired out) but no Percy. Jason was with a group of kids under 10, teaching them to fight with pool noodles. "Hey Jason, have you seen Percy?" I asked. "Not since he ditched me" he said sounding a little annoyed. "Oh, was he not feeling well?" I asked. "Oh actually he is bloody fantastic. In fact he is just grand" declared Jason throwing his hands in the air, talking to no one in particular.

Deciding not to get in the middle of that, I decided to check his cabin.

* * * * * * * * * *
Percy
Grover and I sat on the floor of my cabin. I told him of my plans for tonight and we now were deciding what to do. "Well, first you have to talk to her parents" he said gnawing on one of the many soda cans laying around in my cabin.

"Dude, you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost" Grover said. "I have to tell Athena" I said bluntly. He chuckled then stopped when he realized what that meant. "Okay, you have to do it eventually because even if she says yes, your going to have to tell her that your getting married because you don't want her to find out 25 years from now when she is pregnant so let's do her dad first, ease into it. Remember, quick and to the point" Grover said nodding towards the fountain.

I got up and walked up to the iris message. I took a deep breath before I fished a golden drachma out of my pocket.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, accept this offering. Give me Annabeth's father" I said.

The image shimmered in the water and soon, a picture showed Annabeth's father and step mother eating with their 2 sons at lunch. "Um, Mr.Chase sir" I said. Mr.Chase looked up and jumped. "Oh, uh, hi there Percy" he said clearly startled. "Hi Percy!" shouted the boys. They they began babbling on about how I was Annabeth's boyfriend and how we were in love then they began chanting the kissing song. "Boys, why don't you go up and watch tv while we talk to Percy" said their mother. The boys obeyed and ran upstairs.

"What's wrong Percy? You look nervous. Is Annabeth alright?" asked Mr. Chase. "Oh yes sir, she is fine. Perfect actually, that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about, you see, I love your daughter very much and I will protect her until my dying breath and I would like your blessing to ask her to marry me" That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Mrs. Chase smiled and looked at Mr. Chase.

"You have proved yourself enough, I will give you my blessing, but if you hurt her, I don't care how many times you saved the world, I will whip your butt so hard" he said looking me straight in the eye. "Believe me sir, the last thing I want to do is anger Annabeth" I said, not even being able to imagine the type of pain I would be in if I did so.

"Well, if you don't mind, call us when you have an answer" said Mrs. Chase. "Good luck" she said then the Iris message went away. I sighed in relief but I knew that was only half of it. "Good, I like it. Now just do it again" said Grover giving me a thumbs up.

I sent the Iris message and requested Athena. "Who is this? You better have a good reason for calling" said Athena who was just looking at a bunch of pages with random drawings on them. "Um, Athena, it's me, Percy Jackson" I said gulping. "Ah, the sea spawn. SEA SPAWN? WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE FOR CALLING?" she said looking up from her work.

"Athena, I love you daughter more than anything in this whole world, more than anything in Tartarus or Olympia and I pray to the gods that she feels the same. I know its impossible for someone as amazing as her to love someone like me and I understand if you say no but that does not change whether or not I'm asking her, I am only doing this for her sake. I would like to ask you for your daughters hand in marriage" I said as boldly as I possibly could.

Athena's eyes narrowed but her glare softened which seemed like a good sign. She took a moment, like she was thinking. "No." she said. "No?" my heart stopped. What will Annabeth do if she hears about this, what will Athena do to me when I do ask? Questions swirled around in my head like a hurricane.

"No, it is possible for someone as brilliant as Annabeth to love a load of sea spawn and my only regret is not being able to be open-minded enough to see that so I guess you have my blessing but if you try to pull anything, I will do much worse than kill you" Athena then looked back at her papers and the iris message went blank.

Once I felt my heart pumping and I could breathe again, I looked back at Grover who was crying. "Dude, it's okay, she's gone now. I think" I said with a little smile.

"It's not her, what you said was beautiful" he said still crying.

"Dude, stop crying"

"It was just so beautiful" he sobbed.

I threw whatever I had at him which just so happened to be an apple. Luckily, Grover caught it before it hit him in the head. "That's it!" exclaimed Grover. "What's it?" I asked totally confused. "In ancient Greece, when a man throws an apple at a girl, if she catches it, then she accepts the proposal" I looked at him. "Does that mean that you and I are engaged?" I asked. Grover grinned and wiggled his eye brows up and down.

"No, I'm not doing that to Annabeth, we gotta think of something else, something totally romantic and clever"

"We could make an announcement at the campfire tonight"

"No, she hates being center of attention, plus I want it to be just the two of us, ya know"

"Hmmm, we gotta think this through. Think romance"

"I've got it!" I exclaimed. I knew this would be perfect.

***Wowz, aren't we all glad Athena didn't try to blow up Percy? That would have ended this story real quick. Again, sorry for the short chapter but you will just love the next few, I promise! -Izzy