17. Nico

Nico

I stood deep in the woods surrounding camp. The graveyard was bigger than what it had been, at least twenty new graves had been added since the battle, many more would have been added if it wasn't for Percy. The cool night wind blew through my hair as I walked through the headstones. Once I found a nice spot, I stopped.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. I was going to summon Percy. I needed to talk to him. It took everyone by surprise when Gaea offered that deal, let alone that it would be Percy that was going to die. No one could believe it, some people didn't want to believe it.

"Nico?" I heard Percy say. I opened my eyes and saw Percy standing in front of me in blue jeans and a camp half blood shirt. "Percy" I whispered. Percy scratched the back of his neck. "How's Annabeth?" he asked. I sighed. "She keeps blaming herself for your death, you did sacrifice yourself for the camp and your family" I said.

Percy took a deep breath. "Nico, I think we both knew that someone was going to die that day" Percy explained. "And we both knew that I would do anything to keep you guys from dying, after all, loyalty is my fatal flaw" he sighed "And I did die, but I had a good reason too. To save all of you guys, and my son, and Annabeth"

I nodded and Percy put his hand on my shoulder. "Nico" he said "Promise me you will look after them, make sure they are safe. Make sure Annabeth gets better" I nodded "I will" I promised. Percy gave me a faint smile. "Also, tell her that I love her. And tell my mom that I'm sorry we didn't get to have a proper goodbye" Percy said and I nodded again. "Yeah, okay" I said.

"One more thing, I haven't gotten sent to the underworld yet, I don't think. I'm just sort of in this blank state" he said sounding somewhat worried. "The gods are probably deciding what to do with you. They sometimes intervene when someone important dies" I said with a half-smile. Percy nodded.

"I can't hold you any longer" I said. Percy smiled. "Thanks Nico, for everything" and then he disappeared like he had never been there.

***Hey, hey, hey! So really short chapter, but I felt the need to put this in there. How did y'all like Nico's POV? Such a shame you have to wait 3 more books to find out what happens to Nico, but I'm working on it! I really hope Annabeth learns to love again. Enjoying the book? Comment your favorite chapter so far! -Izzy