13. It's Alive!

2 weeks later...

Annabeth
The second I told Percy to leave, I regretted it. I sobbed into my pillow, telling myself that he would be back but he never came. It was all my fault. I knew he wouldn't understand but it didn't matter now, Percy was gone.

The next morning, I dragged myself out of bed and went to the kitchen. As much as I didn't have an appetite, the baby had to eat. Then I just sat on the couch staring at the tv, which remained off.

Around 1, the doorbell rang. I jumped up and raced towards it, hoping to gods that it was Percy. Instead it was Hazel. "Hey" she said with a sympathetic smile. "Can I help you" I said, holding back the tears of my disappointment. "Can I come in?" she asked. I nodded then went back to my couch. "If your wondering where Percy is, he is at my house" she said softly, sitting next to me.

I looked up at her. "How is he?" I asked. "I don't know, he wouldn't talk the either one of us. I knew it had something to do with you. He only sleeps for a couple of hours a night. He hardly eats either. Frank said he heard him say your name a few times, then he said Charlie, oddly enough and once, he even said Luke" said Hazel.

"He said Charlie?" I said with a smile. "Yeah, who is that?" asked Hazel. "That's our son's name" I whispered, rubbing my stomach. Then it hit me. "Gods, you moved in with Frank?" I asked. Hazel blushed. "Yeah, I know we are still really young but Frank wasn't allowed to stay in the cabins since he was in charge of an entire army and he hates being alone so I went with him". "That's great" I said.

We sat in a moment of silence for a long while. "Listen, Percy is really bent out of shape. He really wants to come home. He keeps saying that when your ready, he will come. I mean, you have a month left then that baby is going to come and then what are you going to do. Do the right thing Annabeth, you don't want that baby to grow up without a daddy do you?" she said.

I couldn't help it, a tear fell down my cheek, then another, then another. Pretty soon, I was sobbing. Hazel was right. She pulled me into a tight hug and she held me for a bit as I cried. Eventually, she pulled away.

"It will all work out, I promise" she said giving me a reassuring smile that I knew she meant. "Listen, I have good news too, the Argo crew have found Octavian, they are going to fetch him now and bring him back. Apparently, he was somewhere in Rome" said Hazel. I smiled. "Percy must be happy" I said. "Yeah, the only thing he said was 'good' then he went back to the couch".

"Will you do me a favor" I asked. "Anything" she said. "Will you ask Percy to meet me by the rock grove behind our house, he will know what I'm talking about" I said. Hazel nodded with a smile. "I will do it right now" she grabbed her coat and ran out.

I smiled to myself as I walked down to the rock grove. I couldn't wait to see him. I sat down on a large rock, facing the ocean. It was our rock. It was the perfect size for the two of us to sit and watch the sunset. I waited for about ten minutes until I heard a rustling behind me.

I turned around and saw him. Percy. He was wearing a hoodie and jeans. His hood was up and there were dark circles under his eyes. I gasped and he must have heard. He looked up and smiled. I stood up and he ran towards me. He embraced me in a big bear hug. I held him closely, afraid that if I let go, I would loose him again. I began to cry softly into his shoulder and he pulled away.

"Dont cry, I'm here, everything is okay" he said wiping away my years as he cupped my face. I nodded and smiled. "I'm so sorry Annabeth, I didn't mean anything. You can name him whatever you want. I love it, I love Luke. As long as he is mine, I don't care. I love you so much. " he said looking me in the eye. "I love you Percy, I don't care as long as he is healthy and happy" I said.

He pulled me in and we kissed. Our lips moved as one, I could feel his heart pounding against his chest, just as mine was as well. I wanted so badly to feel his touch on my skin, just to have him here was enough.

We then just held each other. "As long as we are together" I whispered. "As long as we are together" he whispered back.

* * * * * * * * * *
One month later...

Percy

I held Annabeth in my arms as we sat on the couch. Octavian was taken into captivity and Reyna was working on getting him to talk. It was going to be up to Reyna and I together, but I wouldn't stop making him unconscious so, Chiron told me to just be with Annabeth, which was fine by me.

Just then, Annabeth's breathing picked up. She looked at me, eyes wide, then she looked down, the couch was soaked. "My water broke" she said in barely a whisper. "Oh my gods" I said in shock.

I sat there for a moment, just looking at her then my brain caught up. I jumped up, grabbed the hospital bag from the closet and sprinted to the car. I set everything down in the back seat next to the car seat and ran back inside to help Annabeth. I helped her out the door and into the car. She began groaning in pain. Contractions must be starting.

I revved the engine and we sped down the drive way and towards camp. I called up Frank. "Frank, prepare the army. This is not a drill. Annabeth is going into labor" I said. Frank said something but I could hear him over Annabeth who was now screaming.

We drove right through camp, not really caring if I gave most of the campers a heart attack. Once we got to the big house, I jumped out of the car and got the hospital bag then, I helped Annabeth out of the car.

"Can we get some help here!" I screamed and almost instantly, an Apollo kids saw us. He ran over and took the bag from me. I then picked up Annabeth bridal style and carried her into the Big House. The Apollo kid directed me to a room were I set Annabeth down.

Soon, Katie and Chiron came into the room. Chiron took one look at Annabeth and his face went pale. "Percy, I need to speak with you, it will only take a second" he said. I looked at Annabeth and she nodded. I ran out and found at least ten armored campers standing outside the door, ready.

"I need you to know that the second the child is born, it will be taken onto the Argo II. You have the choice of staying and fighting whatever is coming or going with the child. Leo is ready with Calypso and Piper to take the child and leave as soon as he arrives. Also, Nico has volunteered to go as well, just incase he needs to shadow travel out of danger" said Chiron.

"Are we sure that Gaea is attacking here and not elsewhere?" I asked. "Reyna was able to get Octavian to say something. It's not much but we are fairly certain that it will be here" he said. I nodded. "I will stay, but Annabeth must leave. She will be in no condition to fight. No matter how much she protests, she has to go and be with the baby" I said firmly.

Chiron nodded just as another scream came from the room. "I hate you Percy Jackson!" I heard Annabeth scream from the other room. "You better get in there" said Chiron who clapped me on the back. I nodded then sprinted back into the room.

I ran to Annabeth's side and held her hand. She was covered in sweat and yet, she still looked beautiful. She was taking deep breaths and she looked at me. "Is everything ready?" she panted. I nodded, not wanting to tell her that she would be leaving as well. She nodded. "Okay, it's time to push" said Katie. Annabeth nodded and I smiled at her. "Okay, 3 2 1!". Annabeth screamed in pain and dug her nails into my hand. "Good, now one more time. Make it count!"

Then I heard a faint cry. I looked away from Annabeth and saw the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, Katie held up the little boy. It took my breath away. I looked down at Annabeth. She had the biggest smile on her face. Katie brought the baby over to us and laid him down in Annabeth's arms.

He was so perfect in every single way. Annabeth rocked his little body back and forth gently, hushing his cries. On his little head was a ball of black hair, same as mine. Soon, he calmed down and revealed his big green eyes, the color of the sea. I chuckled as he examined his surroundings.

Just then, Katie said "Everyone smile!". Annabeth and I looked up and smiled as she snapped a picture of all of us. Our own little family.

"He is perfect" I whispered. "He really is" muttered Annabeth. "Percy, I'm sorry but you have to see this" said Chiron who popped his head in the door. I nodded then kissed Annabeth on the head as well as little Charlie. I jogged outside. Chiron lead me to the window that overlooked the strawberry fields. He pointed far into the distance. "There, an army has already formed. Looks like monsters and demigods. One of the pegisis riders says he even saw a giant" he said monotone.

"We have to get them out of here" I said going back to the room but Chiron grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him. His face darkened. "Octavian is leading them" he whispered. I swear at that moment, my heart stopped. "How the hell did he get out?" I growled. "Percy, we don't know, there were five guards watching his every move" said Chiron. "I need to go save my wife and son" I said yanking my hand away, too angry to say anything else.

I came into the room and found Annabeth still looking down at Charlie. "Annabeth" I said. She looked up at me, tears in her eyes. "We have to go don't we" she said biting her lip to keep from crying. I nodded walking toward them. I reached Annabeth and held her face in my hands. "Promise me, no matter what, always save Charlie" I said looked her right in the eyes. She looked like she was about to protest but I stopped her. "Promise me Annabeth" I begged. "I promise" she said. I kissed the top of her head.

"Here, take him" she said holding up Charlie. At first I just looked at him. I wasn't quite sure what to do. He looked at me and I swear to gods, he smiled. I reached for him and rested his head on my bicep and held him closely. "Make sure to support his head" said Annabeth with a smile. "I got him" I said looking down at him. I forgot all about Octavian and the whole army out there, I was just here with my family.

Annabeth pulled herself up and tried to get out of bed but then fell. I caught her with my free arm last second before she hit the ground. "You okay?" I asked examining her. She looked frail, she was obviously drained from being in labor not even 10 minutes ago. "I'm fine" she said through her teeth as she tried to get up again but instantly fell, this time onto the chair.

"Can we get some help in here!" I yelled. An Ares camper in full armor who must have been guarding the door, came running in. "We need to get her to the ship" I said nodding towards Annabeth. The camper nodded then went over towards Annabeth. He picked her up bridal style and we began our trek to the ship outside.

When we got to the ship, Leo was at the wheel and Nico was helping with the rigging along with Calypso. Piper ran over to us while the Ares kid took Annabeth over to the cot which was ready for her. "Percy, you need to go get suited up" she said. I nodded and looked down in my arms. Charlie had already fallen asleep. "His name is Charles Luke Jackson. Piper, listen to me. Make sure he is happy, make sure he is protected and safe. Make sure that he is loved" I said looking down at him. "Percy, why are you telling me this?" she asked sounding scared. I looked up at her. "Because I might not be able to" I said as I handed him over to her.

Piper nodded at me. "I promise, but you have to promise me something" she said. "What?" "Promise me, that someday, you will tell him too" she said with a smile. "I will" I said giving her a reassuring smile.

I ran over to Annabeth who was laying on the cot. "Percy" she said reaching out for me. I took her hand. "Annabeth, remember our promise. I swear, I will be back. Nico and Piper and Leo and Calypso are here with you at all times" I said. "Your leaving, arn't you" she said looking up at me with her big grey eyes. Her eyes held pain and I hated to see her like this. "I will be back but someone has to take care of Octavian" I said with a side-smile. She closed her eyes. "I love you so much" I said kissing the top of her head once more."I love you too" she said opening her eyes.

"Don't I get a kiss for good luck?" I asked. She smiled. "Come back and we'll see" she said. I chuckled then sprinted off the Argo II. The second I stepped off, the engine roared to life and within seconds, she was in the air. "I love you" I whispered staring up at the sky.

***Yay! Baby Charlie was born! How y'all like the name? Arn't we all glad that they got back together? Hope y'all are enjoying the book so far. If anyone has questions or anything, I might be doing a little recap pretty soon so we all understand what is happening. Sorry if I'm not updating as frequently as I usually do, midterms are this week and I'm basically re-teaching myself everything because high school teachers are literally the most laziest people in the history of ever. Yesterday, the day before the math midterm, our math teacher gave us coloring sheets. Not review sheet, they were fucking coloring sheets and it's not like I could just throw it away and study, no, this idiot of a teacher says he would be grading us on creativity of our colors as well as neatness and it would be a class-work grade and let me tell you one thing, math isn't exactly my best subject (it's history and English) so I really needed this class work grade so I spent my last day of studying, coloring. Well, for all you youngsters out there ready for high school and are thinking that's its going to be so much fun but hard at the same time, your wrong. It's just stressful. -Izzy