5. The Sea God Gives Us A House

Annabeth

Last night was the best night of my life. Pretty soon, I was going to be Mrs. Annabeth Jackson. I woke up to find Percy was still asleep next to me holding me close. I crawled out of his grip, careful not to wake him. I tip-toed over to his bathroom and got cleaned up.

As I took a shower, I replayed last nights events in my mind. Percy proposed and we had the most romantic dinner ever, then we went to the campfire and announced our engagement. Everyone went wild and there was a celebration with foods and drinks. Then late in the night, everyone went to bed but Percy begged me to spend the night in his cabin, claiming he would miss me to much and to be honest, I would probably not be able to sleep without being with him anyways.

After I was done with my shower, Percy was awake and getting dressed. When he saw me, he ran over, pushed me up against the wall and kissed me harder then he ever did before. "Gods, I thought you left" he whispered. "Never" I said with a laugh. "But speaking of leaving, we should really get going, breakfast is about to start" I said.

"You know what I was thinking. We could take the day off and go looking around the city, maybe look at houses" he said grinning. "Sounds perfect. Actually, why don't we go right now, if we go to breakfast everyone will swarm around asking all manner of questions" I said. "It's a date, let me just tell Jason I'm taking off" Percy said. He grabbed his sword, the Riptide, off the table and headed out the door and next door.

After ten minutes and the occasional screaming coming from next door, Percy came back. "All good to go" he said with a smile although his hair was now all messed up and his shirt had a tear in it on the shoulder. "You sure?" I asked. Jason must be pretty annoyed that Percy blew him off twice and the summer had just started so there was a whole new batch of newbies which are just dreadful to deal with.

"Positive, let's just hurry" he said taking my hand.

We walked out of the camp and down a long stone path that lead to the city. The camp and the city were separated for obvious reasons, they didn't want a rouge arrow go and hit someone and with all the kids without their parents running around, it wouldn't be the greatest idea to have them running around the city. Anyone under 18 needed special from one of the councilors to leave but since Percy and I were both councilors and a few years over 18, the rules didn't apply for us.

In the forest that surrounded the path, all the nymphs, styrs and other woodland creatures lived. Every now and again, you would see one on the path or walking in the forest. In fact, Grover's house was not far from here either.

When we finally reached the city, we walked around and came across a little breakfast shop. We ate and discussed what kind of house we were looking for. Percy wanted one by the water, a "man-cave" and enough bedrooms for kids but that was pretty much his only really wanted.

I on the other hand, needed something a little more. It had to be big, with enough bedrooms for a family. There had to be a space for a library and a big kitchen. A large living room would be nice as well. I needed an office for my work and the house itself needed to be relatively close to the camp.

When we finished breakfast, we wondered around, we looked at a few houses but none were good enough. This couldn't be a house, it had to be a home.

Finally, just as we were about to give up, we came across this beautiful ranch style house just outside the forest that separated the camp from the city. It had an amazing view of the ocean from the back porch and a massive library. It was a five bedroom 3 bathroom house so one bed room for Percy and I and 2 for whoever comes along next and finally one of the bedrooms can be converted into my office. It was perfect, the only issue was money.

Percy and I sat out behind the house in the sand on the beach. "I could work triple shifts for training, I was working double to save up for that baby" he said pointing at my ring. I smiled "I would have been happy with a zip tie ring you know" I said. "Yes but I wouldn't have been" he said with a smirk. "I could maybe go into private designing, create peoples houses and stuff" she said. "But then how would you make time to remodel Olympus?" asked Percy. "I don't know, I'll think of something" I said.

"No need" said a voice. Both of us looked up and saw a man in cargo shorts, flip flops and a Bermuda shirt. He had a jet black beard just like Percy's hair and sea green eyes. He had a fishing cap on but still held his trident. "Dad!" exclaimed Percy. "Hello son" said the man. "Poseidon" I greeted him. "And Annabeth, always a pleasure. Congrats by the way, I saw the whole thing" he winked at Percy who was smiling proudly like the complete doofus he is.

"Thanks" Percy said but I knew he wanted to say more. "So, anyways, I heard your little cry for help and I actually own the house, it's one of my favorite fishing spots and I would be happy to give it to you" he said.

"Really?" exclaimed Percy. "Yeah, just don't wreak it, y'all have enough problems going on anyways. Terribly sorry about that by the way" he said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. Poseidon just side smiled but gave us an apologetic look. "Well, I should get going, enjoy the house!" he said as he walked away into the water.

"Percy looked at me with a massive grin. "Shall we?" he asked. I nodded and we sprinted to the house. Inside, much to our surprise, it was now fully furnished. We came into the living room and kitchen. In the living room, there was a massive flat screen with an Xbox mounted on the wall and full living room furniture set. In the kitchen it was stocked with silver ware, bowls, plates and other cooking supplies as well as food! I ran down the hall to find my office furnished as well with a new Mac computer and a huge desk with sketching and drawing supplies.

Next door to my office was my library! It was filled with so many books, it would take a lifetime to read. In the center of the library was to big reclining chairs with a desk and a lamp in between the two of them, perfect for reading. Across the hall was Percy's "man-cave" where there was a pool table, flat screen and a mini bar but when Percy saw me he gasped. "No girls allowed!" he cried as he slammed the door shut. I laughed and said "Fine, but I will be upstairs in our bed!". Perch immediately opened the door and smiled. "Kidding" he said with a weak grin.

Upstairs was amazing. There was a small bedroom that had a bed with plain white sheets and a dresser, bleak but that could change and next door was a nursery. Percy and I opened the door together to find a little crib filled with stuffed animals and toys, there was everything a baby would need in this little room plus the walls were a baby blue with little otters reading and playing on the walls.

"Wow, how subtle" I said. "Yeah, its perfect" said Percy. I looked up at him but he was staring at the room. His eyes were wide and he had a blank expression. "Can you see it?" he said softly. "I see a nursery" I said confused. "I see you and me and a baby sitting in here, together. It's beautiful" he looked completely mesmerized. I looked back at the little room and slowly, I began to see it too. "I see it" I said staring at the image in front of me.

Percy wrapped his arm around my waist and I rested my hand on his chest. "This is happening" he said. "Yeah, one day" I said with a smile. After a full minute of just looking at the room, we decided to move on.

In the master bed room was a massive bed with white blankets and a big canopy over it. There were two dressers and a nightstand. The closet was massive as well and to our surprise, it had all of our clothes, already in it. In fact, the whole house had what few belongings we had scattered around as part of the decor. The bathroom was the amazing part. It had a huge shower, big enough for 4 to shower comfortably. It had Jack and Jill sinks and a huge bath tub with jets and it was big enough for 6. As for the toilet, it had so many buttons, Percy could be occupied for hours.

Once we explored every nook and crany of the place, we decided to go back to camp and bid everyone a good bye.