23. Trouble In Paradise

Annabeth

It had been almost 6 months since Percy's last relapse. He hadn't had one since the moment I told him I was pregnant. The doctors said that that was just the shock he needed to get back. Percy knew he needed to step up and he did. Charlie was now 14 months old and he can't stop moving.

I laid on the couch, drinking an ice cold lemonade, hand over my stomach as I watched Charlie run around the house with Percy chasing him. "Charlie- Charlie, dude, can daddy have the remote back?" exclaimed Percy as he ran behind the couch. Charlie giggled and just kept running. "No!" he squealed as he continued to run.

Eventually, Percy stopped in front on me, hands on his knees, breathing hard. "Wanna help daddy out?" he said with a smirk. I smiled. "Charlie!" I called. I heard the little footsteps and then, Charlie peered over the arm of the couch. "Yes mommy?" he asked in only the most adorable voice ever. "Come here baby" I said extending my arms. Charlie toddled over to me and I picked him up, boy was he getting big.

He may only be a year old but he was big and developing very quickly. He could speak small words, walk and even run for short periods of time before he fell on his face (well, either him or Percy, whichever came first). Unfortunately, he was going to need those skills later in life. He may not be a full Demi-god but he still had the blood of a god in him, and monsters will still hunt him despite being mostly human.

I sat Charlie down on my lap. "Can I please have the remote" I asked. Charlie nodded then handed me the remote. I smiled. "Thank you" I said softly and I brushed his black hair out of his face. I made a mental note to give him a hair cut but that could wait until tomorrow.

Percy plopped down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. "I don't know how you do it" he said. "I'm just that awesome" I whisper before kissing Percy's cheek. I put a hand on my bulging stomach and Percy took Charlie in his arms.

Eventually, Charlie fell asleep while we were watching TV. "I'm going to put him to bed" whispered Percy as he stood up. I nodded and Percy kissed my forehead before walking upstairs.

Percy came back about 5 minutes later and sat down next to me once more. He wrapped me in his arms and held me closely. I snuggled into his chest as best I could with my massive stomach. At least this kid wasn't as big as Charlie was.

* * * * * * * * * *

The next morning...

Percy

I woke up to crying. I looked over and I guess Annabeth had already gotten up. I groaned and walked down to Charlie's room but he wasn't in there. Walking down the stairs, I realized it wasn't Charlie who was crying, it was Annabeth.

I immediately sprinted down the stairs and frantically ran to the living room. "Annabeth!" I called, searching everywhere for her. When I made it to the kitchen, I found Annabeth on the floor surrounded my cereal. I fell to my knees, examining Annabeth for any indication that she was hurt but it appeared she wasn't.

"Annabeth, what's wrong? Where is Charlie?" I gasped. Annabeth just sobbed even more. I looked around, the cereal cabinet was wide open and all the cereal was on the floor. Everything else seemed to be in place other than the milk and bowl on the counter.

"Annabeth" I said putting my hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look up at me. "Where is Charlie?" I said, searching her eyes for any signs. She took a deep breath. She pointed to the dining room and I stood up and ran there.

He was sitting in his high-chair playing with one of the plastic hammers that Leo had given him. I sighed in relief. I picked him up and held him as I walked back to the kitchen. Annabeth was still on the floor picking up the cereal, inspecting it for a moment then sobbing again.

"Honey, what is going on?" I said. I felt horrible watching her cry like this. I just wanted to make her feel better but I couldn't do that without knowing what the problem was. Annabeth just wailed even louder. "Okay, let's just get you off the floor". I helped her up with my free hand (help wasn't exactly the right word, more like did all the work myself).

I practically carried her to the chair where she sat down. "Please baby, tell me what's wrong" I said taking her hand. Annabeth sniffled. "They are just so tiny and cute" she whispered. "What is?" I said confused. "The fruit loops!" she wailed.

I sighed in relief. Annabeth was fine. It was just the hormones. "I know baby, it's all going to be fine. Why don't we get you all cleaned up, okay?" I said taking her head in my hand. She nodded with a sniffle then stood up. "I'll feed Charlie, you get cleaned up" I whispered, kissing the top of her head. She smiled then waddled off to our room.

Once I fed Charlie some blue pees (he wouldn't eat anything but), I took him upstairs for his bath. Charlie loved being in the water. As far as we could tell, he didn't have any powers but it was rare for a third generation god (although not impossible, it's more common for grandchildren of the big three so once Charlie is old enough, he would be sent to train at camp). I cleaned him up without him making a noise, then got him dressed in an adorable (yes I am a grown man and I use the word adorable- get over it) onsie with little owls on it. It was Annabeth's favorite and she loved it whenever Charlie wore it.

Soon, I was done with Charlie and I took him to the living room. I set him down in the "pen" with all his toys in it. I checked the clock. "Shit" I muttered. I was late for work. I sprinted up the stairs and threw on my combat clothes. Today was one of my favorite days. Trials.

Once I was in full armor, I ran back downstairs to find Annabeth playing with Charlie on the floor, perfectly fine, like nothing ever happened. "You okay?" I asked. Annabeth nodded. "Minor mental breakdown. I'll be fine" she said with a grin. I smiled. "Alright, I'm late. I love you, I will try to be home a little early today so we can have a nice dinner" I said bending down, giving Annabeth a peck on the lips.

"Love you too, don't beat Jason up to much today, he has to look pretty for the wedding in 2 weeks" she said. I laughed. "I make no promises" I called as I closed the door behind me.

I checked my watch once more. I needed something faster than a car. I whistled and just a second later, Blackjack came into view. "What's shaking boss?" he asked, landing right next to me. "Sorry, but I need a ride" I apologized. "No problem boss" he said.

When I got to the camp, the pit was already filled with 16 and 17 year olds. Recently, since Frank has decided to pay the soldiers that protect the camp and the city (it used to be all volunteer), the army has grown very quickly. So, now they hold trials to see if 1. You could even make it in the army/navy and 2. Which position would you best be suited for in the army/navy.

Frank, Chiron, Nico, Jason, Reyna, Leo and Thalia all in the "shack" as Jason and I called it. Basically, it's were you could store gear and cool off after practice or in our case, discuss what was going to happen with all these kids.

Yesterday, the trials for the Navy were held, I was offered to be commander of the entire Naval army by Frank and after much consideration with both Annabeth and my mom, I agreed. We needed the money since Annabeth couldn't work with raising two kids and if Annabeth were to work, my mom would be stuck babysitting and her and Paul could not live off of just a teachers salary so I needed this job.

"Sorry I'm late, there was an um, incident with the cereal this morning" I said as I arrived in the shack. Jason and Leo chuckled. "Anyways, as I was saying, I have decided to add a small air force. It will not be used as much as the army or naval forces but it is necessary. I have asked Jason to command that particular branch and he has agreed. Their trials will begin next week after the ground forces trials" said Frank, who sounded very mature currently.

I patted Jason on the back and he smiled. "Congrats" I whispered. "Thanks, you too" he mouthed. We both returned out attention to Frank who was going over the events of today.

"Thalia, you will obviously be working with the future archers, both male and female. If they choose to join the Amazons, they will be filtered out and taken in for further evaluation at a later date. Nico, you will work with the children with powers from their godly parents, particularly those powers that can be used in combat. Jason and Percy, you will be working with the combat section, divide that up as you will. Chiron, if you could help out any stragglers, it would be appreciated. Leo, your going to be working with the heavy artillery. Reyna, your with me. I believe that's all, I think we should announce all the events for today" said Frank as he read off of his clipboard.

We all filed out of the shack and went up to the podium. Reyna walked up to the mic and all the campers hushed.

"Alright, you guys know what the drill is. I'm going to announce today's events along with their leader. First up is tank steering with Leo Valdez and archery with Thalia Grace and the huntress'. After that with have hand to hand combat with Percy Jackson and knife throwing with Jason Grace. Next we have power control with Nico DeAnglo and cannon firing with Leo Valdez" Reyna kept going on with the days events.

Once Reyna was done, Frank gave a short speech on something utterly boring , then we were off to do as we pleased. Jason and I came to an agreement. I would do hand to hand combat, wrestling, cavalry and lance as well as sword training while Jason did knife throwing, close combat (with weapons), other blades (such as axes or daggers) and sword training with me.

* * * * * * * * * *

Annabeth

I was standing with Piper in the kitchen. Charlie was at Sally's house while I was helping Piper with last minute wedding plans. I rubbed my stomach. "Gods I hope this kid comes out before the wedding" I said staring longingly at my bridesmaid dress. I ordered two dresses, one of I was still pregnant and another incase I wasn't.

"Let's hope the kid doesn't come out during the wedding" chuckled Piper. I glared at her. "Don't even say that" I said deathly serious. She held her hands up in defense but the smile remained on her face.

"Speaking of your kid, have you gotten a name yet?" asked Piper as she put the eraser on the pencil in her mouth. "Okay, if it's a boy, his name will be David Tyson Jackson" I said.

Piper gasped. "That's adorable! And if it's a girl?" she said raising an eyebrow. "Zoë Hope Jackson" I said with a big grin. Piper let out a long awe which made me laugh.

"Your Aphrodite is showing" I said. Piper blushed and went back to her book. Just then, I felt a warm liquid flow down my leg. Did I just pee myself? I looked down and gasped.

"What? What's wrong?" said Piper as she looked up. "Piper" I whispered, looking up at her. "My water just broke".

***Hello again! Holy shitballs! 270 reads! I am so excited right now, I can't even! Anywho, I have decided to be one of those authors from hell who leave off on a cliff-hanger! Don't hate me to much, we all know how this story ends any ways and if your like me, I would have skipped to the last chapter any how (that is if your reading this when I'm finished with the book completely). I love my little demigods do much! How do y'all like the trials? I might go more in depth with them in my next book! Speaking of my next book, I know I told y'all it would be out by new years but I lied. I am so sorry but a personal matter came up and I couldn't get it finished in time, please forgive me! I love y'all so much, thanks for reading! -Izzy