3. The Proposal

Annabeth

When I came to Percy's cabin, I just strolled right in as usual. Percy and Grover were sitting on the floor and Percy had something in his hand that he was showing Grover. "What ya got there?" I asked. Both the boys jumped. Percy scrambled to shoved the small thing back into his pocket.

"N-nothing"
"Condom" they both said at the same time.

"Condom?" asked Percy looking at Grover. Grover shrugged. I raised my eyebrow and glared at Percy. "It's mine" said Grover quickly. "Then why does Percy have it in his pocket?" I asked getting a little ticked off.

I am not some piece of meat. If Percy thinks he can go around bragging to his friends about how we "do it" which is not at all true in the first place then he is in for a world of hurt. Besides, Percy knows I have been saving it for when we felt it was right.

A knock came at the door. "Come in" said Percy sounding a little too grateful. Jason came in looking exhausted. "You so owe me" he said glaring at Percy. Percy put his hands up. "I know, I'll pay you back later" he said. "Oh, uh, Annabeth, Hazel needs you, something about marble" said Jason throwing his thumb over his shoulder.

I looked down at Percy. "We are not done talking about this" I said glaring at him before I left.

* * * * * * * * * *

Percy
After the horrifying experience of Grover telling Annabeth I had a condom, I recovered. Jason got Annabeth to meet me down at the beach to "smooth things over" but in reality, I was going to propose.

Everything was perfect, it was like my dad knew this was coming (which he probably did) because the water was calm, there was almost no breeze and there was the most beautiful sunset. I stood next to the blanket I laid down with the picnic basket next to me as I waited for Annabeth to arrive. I wore the nicest suit and tie (I had to borrow it from one of Aphrodite's kids) I could find.

"Ah, prepping for the big question I see" said a voice from behind me. I whirled around to find a beautiful woman standing behind me in a stunning red sparkly dress. It was Aphrodite. "Uh, I guess" I said not really sure what to say to a goddess. "Awe, he's all flustered. How cute" she commented.

"What are you doing here?" I asked getting a little annoyed with this chick. "Now, now, no need to be rude but if you must know, I am the goddess of love. I'm here to make this romantic and special. First, you will dance. Then you will apologize for the little mishap from this morning. After you will talk all sweet to her, you pop the question!" She said throwing her arms up in the air while flashing her pearly white teeth.

"Um, thanks" I said.

"Your oh so welcome. I can't wait to see how this turns out" she said.

"You have doubts that she will say no?" I asked feeling the panic set it.

"No, no, no, of course not. We will just have to wait and see" she said with a wink then she vanished in a cloud of pink smoke that smelled like roses.

Finally, I saw her coming over the dunes. She looked amazing, here long blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders, even in her camp t-shirt and jeans she looked gorgeous. When she saw me she couldn't help but chuckle even though she was mad at me. I probably looked ridiculous here in the sand in my suit and tie but I didn't care.

"Whats this? Supposed to win me over with some romantic gesture?" she said with a smirk. I smiled "Sort of". "It's kind of working" she said. I reached for her hand and pulled her close, just as Aphrodite planned, music began to play.

"What are you doing?" She asked. "I'm still mad at you". "I just want to dance" I said with a smile. "And I know your mad, and I would like to clear that up. That was not a condom, if fact, I don't own one. I just hate that your mad at me".

"Well I hate being mad at you" she said. I looked down at her. Her gray eyes sparkled like a thousand shining stars. I pushed the hair out of her face. "Am I forgiven?" I asked. Annabeth thought for a moment. "No, but I will be able to be swayed of you do something for me" she said, flashing that smile that I loved so much. I frowned. "Whatever my princess desires, she shall have" I said in my best British accent. "Okay for my first wish, I need you to stop doing that" she said with a giggle. "And for my second wish, this" she said as she leaned closer.

Our lips met and it felt like a thousand fireworks went off in my head. Our lips moved in sync and I felt her body push against mine. Much to soon, she pulled away. "You are forgiven". I chuckled. "Your perfect" I said looking down at her. Annabeth scoffed. "You are the most beautiful, amazing, wonderful, wise, and perfect human being on this whole planet" I said looking her right in those big blue eyes.

"Percy, is everything alright?" she asked and I felt her growing more and more concerned.

"Everything is perfect, let's just dance" I said. She smiled and laid her head against my chest. We swayed side to side, watching the sun go down, making small talk until pretty soon the moon shined above us. After a long conversation about carrots, I decided now was the perfect moment.

"You know what, I don't like your name" I said firmly.

"What?" she asked pulling her head off my chest and looking at me funny.

"Particularly your last name" I said.

"What is wrong with my last name?" she asked getting annoyed.

"You should change it"

"What would I change my last name to?" she said between her teeth.

"Jackson" I said with a smirk.

"Did you just-"

"Annabeth" I said as I let go of her. I bent down on one knee and grabbed the ring from my pocket. Annabeth gasped and cupped her mouth with her hands. "Will you marry me?" I asked with a hopeful smile. "Your such a seaweed brain" she pulled me to her feet and kissed me right then and there. It was the greatest kiss of my entire life. I pulled away and looked at her. "Please tell me that's a yes" I asked. Annabeth laughed that gorgeous laugh. "Yes" she nodded.

I slipped the ring onto her finger. It was a celestial bronze ring (just incase), cheap, but it had a green diamond, the color of my eyes so she will always have a piece of me. We then ate and talked all evening just content to be together.

***EEEKKK! Sooooo happy they are finally getting married. I know I'm writing this but still super excited. Short chapter again and I'm terribly sorry but idc. Don't you love the celestial bronze ring, I thought that was a nice touch incase Annabeth needed to knock some monster out. Gods, I just love how much Percy adores her, it's kinda perfect. Any who, how you liking the book, all good thoughts I hope! I have decided to be one of those people by the way, I'll ask a question and whoever gets the right answer, will get a shout out. I know nobody actually reads those but idc. -Izzy