9. I Ate A Watermellon

5 months later...

Annabeth

I currently hate Percy. Maybe it's because of the morning sickness, or his extreme overprotectiveness, maybe it's the constant cravings of carrots dipped in BBQ sauce, or just the hormones that either make me cry every two seconds or have crazy monkey sex with Percy. Oh! I know, it's the gigantic stomach I have that prevents me from getting off the freaking couch that he put there!

I laid down on the couch in the living room, Percy was teaching lessons today. I knew this was the end. I was never getting off this couch. I will die here. 'I'll just starve to death' I thought. As I laid down thinking of my impending demise, I thought a lot about the last 5 months, Piper, Jason, Leo, Nico, Calypso, Rachel, Frank, Hazel, Chiron and practically the whole rest of the camp was looking for a way out of this stupid prophecy.

All of whom, decided not to include me in any of the preparation. The only thing I knew was plan B. I go on the Argo II with the baby and we fly to Alaska with Leo and Calypso. Alaska, because that is the last place Gaea would think to look and on the Argo II because that way, we will never touch the ground. The only downside to the plan, is eventually, Gaea will find us and I will be without Percy.

But, even without the whole prophecy thing, these last couple of months have been hectic. Jason proposed to Piper and she (of course) said yes but they decided to hold off on a wedding until the whole 9 months are up and we know everything is safe. They moved across the street to this cute little house with a massive balcony so Jason could take off whenever he pleased into the sky. Nico and Rachel officially became a couple and I think instead of that attic, she was staying in the Hades cabin with Nico and Hazel. Frank, had been rallying troops and building the army to fight whatever army of the dead that was coming, Percy of course was first one to volunteer followed by the rest of the 7, but of course, not me.

Just as I was about to make another attempt to get off this damn couch, a knock came at the front door. "Come in!" I screamed. "Quickly!" I screamed again. "Where are you?" asked the voice, which I instantly recognized as Piper, aka, Percy's spy to make sure I'm alive every 5 minutes. "I'm in the living room. I'm a little stuck!" I said. I heard Piper run to the living room. "Oh dear, not again" she said as kind as possible. I rolled my eyes. "Just help me up".

Piper took my hands and heaved. "You know, for only 5 months pregnant, you are awfully...big" she said. I glared at her. "I meant that-" "I know what you meant" I said holding my hand up to stop her from finishing the sentence. "You look lovely today" she said with a smile. I raised my eyebrow.

I was wearing my dark gray sweatpants an old worn out CHB shirt, that I'm pretty sure was Percy's that I have yet to wash in at least 3 days. As for my hair, it was a balled up mess at the top of my head and I wore absolutely no make up. I had bags under my eyes despite my 13 hours of sleep a day. On the plus side, my cup size has doubled since I got pregnant.

"How long have you been stuck on the couch?" Piper asked changing the subject. "Bout an hour" I muttered, head towards the kitchen. I took a pint size ice cream out of the freezer and a spoon and dug in.

"I have news, first do you want the good news, bad news or the worse news?" asked Piper. "Bad news" I said. "Nico said that he sensed a major disturbance in the Underworld yesterday". "I thought I said bad, not worse" I said hoping that was indeed the worse news.

"Do you want the worse news?" asked Piper in a tiny voice. Piper, thank gods, could not keep her mouth shut. She tried to tell me everything that was going on but she tried to keep it on the down low. If Percy could have it his way, I wouldn't know anything that would cause andy sort of stress on me or my body. She was practically my lifeline to the outside world.

"Bring it" I muttered. "Hades went missing last night, Nico went down there and found Persephone all alone, she said he has been gone for a few days. That's the third major god to go missing" said Piper. That now made Hades, Dionysus and Athena gone. I gulped. "Something big is definitely coming" I said. "That's for sure. I think Reyna is going to send out a search party to look for Octavian. With luck, they will find him soon".

We talked about minor things going on, new restaurants around the city, what's going on at camp, who's dating who now until Jason called and Piper had to go back to camp. Some crisis at the Aphrodite cabin, which nine times out of ten, meant someone lost their mascara.

Luckily, Piper kept me occupied just long enough that Percy should be home soon. As expected, he arrived just 10 minutes after Piper left. "Annabeth!" he called from the hall. "In here!". Percy followed my voice to the living room. He smiled that adorable smile when he saw me.

"Hey beautiful" he said sitting down next to me. I scoffed. It amazed me how he thought I looked amazing when in reality, I looked like a hippo. An ugly hippo too. "It's true, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, and it just gets better every day" he put his arm around my shoulders and cuddled up close to me.

He then kissed my forehead gently then bent down and kissed my stomach. "Hey baby" he whispered. "You know he can't technically hear you until its been 7 months, even then, it has to be really loud" I said. He looked up at me with a bewildered expression on his face. "How do you even know this?" I raised an eyebrow and he just smiled. "Alright wise girl, you just do" he said. I smiled. "That's right".

We sat for about an hour, somewhere in there, I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, the house smelled like smoke and pizza. "Percy, why does the house smell like smoke?" I asked getting up to go find him. Percy stood in the kitchen with a box of pizza and a fan pointed at the oven.

"Funny story, you see, you looked really hungry when you were drooling on my shoulder, so I decided to make you some food, which didn't exactly work out so I ordered pizza!" he said shoving his pizza in the air. "I don't drool" I said glaring at him. "You do when your pregnant" he said. I walked over, still glaring right at him. He looked worried, like I was about to smack him. Instead, I grabbed a piece of pizza and shoved it in my mouth.

After dinner, and a 3 hour marathon on Netflix, we headed off to bed.

***Hi guys! How you liking this so far? All good things I hope. So, let's play a little twenty questions. If I was to be so mean as to kill anyone off in here, who would it be? Alright! See ya when I update next I guess. Adios! Cho! Bye! Whatever freaky language y'all speak, idk.