4. It's Not Over Yet

Annabeth

Just then Clarisse ran onto the beach. "Clarisse?" exclaimed Percy. "Emergency council meeting. Now" she said. Percy and I looked at each other. "We should go" I said to him and he nodded, then we both sprinted off the beach.

We ran to the big house which was a mansion after the war, and into the council room. Reyna, the 7 (minus Leo), Chiron, Nico and Rachel were all seated.

Nico was holding Rachel and smoothing her hair. She must have had a prophecy. "Good, you made it" said Chiron who was seated at the head of the table. "What's wrong" asked Percy. "Rachel had a prophecy" muttered Nico. "What was it?" I asked, eager to hear what all the fuss was about.

Rachel looked up at me, she looked so scared. I had never seen this girl scared, never and this was a girl who hit Kronos upside the head with a hairbrush. She looked back down at the ground. Nico lifted his head and began to spoke.

When the two become one

Nine months shall pass

The earth mother shall rise with

An army of the dead

Led by the one they can traitor

A child shall fall to Tartarus and end this terrible war

Percy looked at me with fear in his eyes and I knew what he was thinking. I laced my fingers through his. "Are you sure that's what she said" asked Hazel. Rachel nodded her head confirming our fears. "Earth mother" said Frank "That has to be Gaea". We all nodded in agreement.

"Who is this traitor, maybe if we stop him, we stop the army" said Piper.

"Octavian" muttered Reyna, barely even audible.

"Who?" asked Jason.

"Octavian, he vowed revenge after we banished him after the war. We called him a traitor before he left" she said louder this time.

"What does it mean, when two become one" asked Frank.

Percy looked at me and I nodded, I knew what he was going to say.

"I think I might know" he said. He let go of my hand and stood up. "Um, Annabeth and I are getting married' he said. Piper squealed and jumped out of her chair. Jason chuckled while Hazel and Frank smiled. Chiron and Reyna on the other hand just stood there with apologetic looks on their faces.

"Percy, Annabeth, we should talk outside" said Chiron. We nodded and followed. "The prophecy stated that you shall become one and nine months later a child will fall in Tartarus, you know what this means right" he said. A stroke of pain hit my chest and I had to sit down. Percy looked down at me confused. I knew what this meant. Our child will die. Percy looked over to me. "What does it mean, Chiron" said Percy.

Percy knew what it meant, he isn't that thick, he was just in denial. "Percy, you should sit" I said. He looked down at me with sad eyes. I reached for his hand and gently pulled him next to me. "It means we will be married and we will have a baby but our baby-" I couldn't finish the sentence. "Your child will fall in to Tartarus" finished Chiron.

Percy closed his eyes for a moment to process this. When Chiron said it allowed, it really hit me. How could I be sad for a child I never even met was beyond me. Percy felt me stiffen and he pulled me closer. I put my hands in my face, I couldn't take it. I cried. Percy embraced me and I cried into his chest.

"I will go speak to the others, we will think of a way out of this, you too need to take some time. But remember, not all prophecys' are as they seem. All we can do is wait" said Chiron before he left.

Percy held me close as I sobbed into his chest. I don't think that it fully hit Percy what this meant because he just stared off into the distance not looking at anything in particular. Every now and again he would look at me and kiss the top of my head and whisper "We will figure something out" but he didn't sound to convinced himself.

How this could happen is beyond me, that damn war was supposed to be the end of it and now things got worse. This started out as the best night ever and then it ended up being the worst night ever.

At some point I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in Percy's cabin. Percy was asleep next to me. Just then, a light came from the window and then a tall woman stood in the cabin. I was about to wake Percy but the woman said "No, don't wake him". She turned around and I saw the face of my mother. Athena stood there, she looked in pain.

"I am so sorry" she whispered, I guess she knew. She raised her arm and pointed at the two of us. "I can't control this, I'm sorry" she said, her voice was strained. "What's happening, what are you doing?" I asked getting ready to wake Percy.

"I can't stop this, something took over my body. It's making me erase your minds. You will forget everything from after Percy proposed. You will wake up tomorrow with no memory of the prophecy. You will only remember once it's to late" she said. I saw tears in her eyes as she looked at me.

"No, we have to remember, we need to find a way to stop this" I cried. Percy stirred next to me and awoke. "Annabeth, whats going on?" he asked rubbing his eyes. "Athena" he whispered looking up at her. "I'm so sorry" she said again. Then everything went black.