22. Surprise!

Annabeth

I tried desperately to wake Percy but he wouldn't wake up. This was definitely the worst black-out yet.

"Help, somebody please! Help me!" I screamed trying to get someone's attention. Luckily, Reyna of all people was doing a patrol just then. She spotted us and sprinted to the rescue. Percy was thrashing around violently, screaming words that didn't make any sense, every now and again I heard my own name, or Charlie's but that was all I could make out.

"We need to get him to the hospital" she said as she grabbed Percy's shoulders, forcing him to the ground. "Forgive me" she muttered. "What are you-" I was cut off by her pinching the back of his neck. Percy went limp. "What have you done!" I screamed. "I paralyzed him, don't worry, he should be able to move soon" she said examining his body.

"What do you mean should?" I said glaring at her. I knew I should be more kind to her for giving me help but I really didn't care at the moment. She just looked up and gave me a soft smile before grabbing the walkie-talkie on her waist.

"Chiron, Percy collapsed by the pond, send Apollo campers" she said. Chiron responded "Got it, right away". I knelt on the ground, grasping Percy's hand. How could he think I was afraid of him? I felt horrible about it. I wanted so badly to tell him the truth, but at the moment, that was impossible.

"They will get here soon Annabeth, we just need to pray that whatever is going on in his head, stops" said Reyna in a calming voice. As much as a stone cold (kinda a bitch) she was on the outside, deep, deep, deep down, there was a heart.

I nodded but kept my eyes on Percy. Soon, the medics came and took Percy away in a carriage while I held his hand the whole time, never letting go. When we got to the hospital, Percy was still unconscious but he began to move, just twitching at first but then he started to move around.

About 10 minutes later, he screamed and began thrashing around. I as so terrified, I called for help and tried to calm him down but it only made it worse. A crowd of doctors came running in along with a few Ares campers. They crowded around him, pushing me away. The Ares campers pushing him down, grabbing his hands and feet. One kid came up to me and ushered me out the door.

"No! That's my husband! I need to be in there!" I screamed trying to go back in but a pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling me away. I looked at who was holding me back and it was Frank. "Annabeth you can't go in there" he said softly, letting me go.

"No, he needs me" I said as I tried to get back to the room. An older guy, maybe mid-thirties stopped me. "Mam, I promise you, you do not want to see this. I need you to go sit in the waiting room, I will personally come out and tell you the situation" said the man.

He would have looked nice enough if I wasn't fueled with rage. He wore a surgeons uniform with a name tag that read "Oscar" on it. He was old for a half-blood seeing as though they don't live long without being in a city like ours. He had light brown hair, some gray, with big brown eyes. He was kind of handsome if he wasn't 15 years older than me.

It scared me to know that he didn't want me to see what was going to happen. "Soldier, will you please escort this woman to the waiting area" he said pursing his lips. Frank nodded and grabbed my shoulder, trying to usher me away.

I walked slowly to the waiting room. I couldn't stop thinking about Percy. Soon, all our friends showed up including Sally, Paul and Charlie. When Charlie came, I practically jumped out of my chair to go hold him.

Charlie fell asleep in my arms as I rocked him, focusing only on Charlie and nothing else, trying desperately to keep everything off my mind, but Charlie looked identical to Percy. It took everything I had to keep from bursting out it tears.