𝘅. chapter ten.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
x. CHAPTER TEN

FEVERS & PUNS┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

FEVERS & PUNS
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

THE NEXT MORNING, Briar sat down alone at the Slytherin table. She'd barely gotten any sleep, both from patrolling the corridors and staying up thinking about Andromeda Black and her muggle-born boyfriend. She'd been unable to digest what she found out, but she finally managed to accept it. The Black family day clearly weren't too big on loyalty.

Andromeda had shown no remorse or even the slightest guilt for what she was doing. She clearly believed that she was right, and Briar doubted that anybody could convince her otherwise.

But how was that possible? How could something that was so wrong according to one person be so right to another? The thought seemed to make Briar's head ache. If she accepted that Andromeda was doing the right thing, that would mean questioning everything that her parents had taught her since her childhood.

Perhaps it was too late for that.

"Morning, Briar. Are you all right? You're hair's a mess," Lucius commented, sitting down beside her. He patted her head, making the messy crown plait even worse. "I wouldn't go to class like that, if I were you."

Briar eyes widened in surprise, as she reached up to touch her hair. Crap, she'd completely forgotten to brush it, one look at her reflection in her empty silver glass told her that strands were sticking out everywhere. Sighing, she tried to smooth it down. "Are you all right, Lucius?" she asked him lightly. "You seem to be in a good mood."

"I'm fine," Lucius replied, putting food on his plate. "But really, Briar, you're the one that looks pale. I suggest you go brush that hair of yours before someone mistakes you for a ghost."

Frowning, Briar got out of her seat and quickly headed to the nearest girls' toilets, she only had five minutes before class, and she needed to hurry. She unraveled the messy plait, and tried using her wand to remove the tangles. It was proving rather difficult, and she groaned in frustration. In the end, she grabbed the entire bunch of platinum blonde hair in her fist, and tied it up in a ponytail. It wasn't much, but it was an improvement from the disastrous hair before.

☁️🥀✨

She slid into her desk during Potions quickly, noticing that there were very few empty seats left because she was relatively late. She spotted one near Rabastan, but decided against it. There was another beside a Gryffindor girl whom she barely knew, and one in front of Remus Lupin. Deciding that Lupin was her best bet, she quickly sat down in front of him and smiled.