𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. chapter twenty eight.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
xxviii. CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.

HEALERS AND WEREWOLVES

┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

SIRIUS ENTERED THE Room of Requirement quietly, pulling the Cloak off of himself. Briar was already there, curled up on the rug in front of the fire in her favorite spot. She was running her fingers through the ends of her hair, while her eyes flickered across the pages of a book eagerly.

"You know, sometimes I think the easiest way to get your attention would be if I transfigured myself into a bloody book."

Briar turned around and smiled at him, as he came and sat beside her. She closed the book and set it aside while curling up under Sirius's arm. He was always warm; she noted, and he held her tightly as if nothing could separate them. She closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying the feeling of his arms around her, and then remembered that he'd said something. "Well, I don't know. You wouldn't make a very interesting book."

He raised his eyebrows, resting his cheek on her head. "Why not? I've got everything going. Drama, mystery, action, romance..."

          Briar rolled her eyes. "You can't have all of those in one book. It would just be an overdose. And I hate to break it to you, but nobody likes a protagonist who thinks he's good at everything."

         Sirius frowned. "But I am good at everything. Go on,D'Alessio, name one thing I can't do."

        "Clearly you can't shut up."

       Sirius laughed, as Briar curled up into him further, resting her head on his chest. Her knees were pulled up, grazing his thighs. He smiled down at her, as she closed her eyes contentedly. "Someone's being very cuddly tonight."

         "I didn't think you were coming," she admitted, softly. "We've been here almost every night this week, you probably need your rest. Maybe you should go back to bed."

          "And when are you going to sleep?"

         "I'm fine. I'm used to patrolling the corridors at night."

          Sirius nodded, shifting slightly so that he was more comfortable. Briar stirred, but then put her head back onto his chest, her cheek pressing against his shirt. He was silent for a few moments, and he felt her breathing start to even.

          "Briar? Did you fall asleep?"

         Briar shook her head, lifting it up so she could look at him. Her eyes were a little drowsy, but she was still awake. "Not yet. Sorry, I'm just tired. I was going to take a nap this evening, but I went to the Hospital Wing to talk to Madame Pomfrey. She asked me to come see her."