𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶. chapter twenty seven.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
xxvii. CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN.

 CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

A FURRY PROBLEM.
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

           BRIAR ROSE D'ALESSIO SIGHED, as she spotted a group of third-year boys dueling in the courtyard during first period. She didn't have class, and she'd hoped to get straight to the library to start working on her Potions homework. As expected, her studies were taking a huge toll on her, although it was only the second week of school. But the Prefect badge shining on her school uniform wouldn't allow her to simply walk away.

             "Stop it right now, or you'll all have detention for the rest of the month!" Briar insisted, walking up to them. She cast a Shield Charm to protect one of the boys from a badly aimed jinx, and all three boys whirled around to look at her. One had a completely swollen nose the size and color of a tomato.

          The blonde-haired boy looked like he wanted to retort, but the other one grabbed his arm, stopping him. "Get to class, both of you," Briar ordered, and the two boys quickly scurried away. She sighed and turned to the one with the swollen nose. "Come on. We're going to the Hospital Wing."

           Briar pulled the boy along with her and he followed silently, clutching his nose with one hand. Briar pushed the doors to the Hospital Wing open quickly and noticed that Madame Pomfrey was leaning over a patient on one of the beds, dabbing something on his face. She stood up when she heard the door open.

         "Miss D'Alessio," she greeted, pleasantly. Then she looked down at the boy and sighed. "And Mr. Frost. Goodness me, Mrs. Frost, this is your second time in here, and school's barely just begun," Madame Pomfrey complained, forcing the boy to sit down on one of the beds. She was still holding a bowl of some liquid and a damp cloth in her hands. Frowning, she turned to Briar. "Miss D'Alessio, could I ask you to help Mr. Lupin with this while I heal Mr. Frost? I'm afraid the liquid will evaporate if I leave it for too long..."

         Briar nodded, realizing suddenly that the boy on the bed was Remus Lupin. He looked pale and sickly and Briar noticed the large gashes on his face and arms. Concerned, she took the bowl of liquid and the cloth, and sat beside him.

        Remus sat up slightly, and Briar started to dab the liquid onto the cuts on his bare arms. He hissed slightly from the pain, and she frowned. "Sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you."

         Remus shook his head, smiling weakly. "it's all right. It hurts more when Madame Pomfrey does it, actually. Don't tell her I said that."

          Briar smiled back, dabbing onto a particularly deep gash that ran down the side of Remus' neck. It seemed somehow familiar to her, and Briar remembered that she'd seen a similar one on Sirius before. "Hasn't anyone told Potter to get a new owl, yet?"