Ignored

Yo's POV

I put my arms around Forth's waist, holding on tight. I loved riding with him, but I wasn't really having a good time right now. As soon as I came back from the beach, I found Forth and practically demanded that we leave immediately. I was angry at Pha and had been rude to Forth in his place. It wasn't okay. I was ashamed of myself.

I don't even know why I was so angry. I'd already accepted that Pha was never going to love me, hadn't I? Even after the strange way he'd spoken to me yesterday, I hadn't allowed myself to hope. Had I allowed myself to hope? Maybe I had.

We stopped at a rest area to use the bathroom, when I looked down at my phone to see a new LINE notification. A friend request from Pha. I couldn't help smiling at the irony of the situation. I had always hoped for Pha to notice me, but just as I was realizing that I couldn't even be friends with him, he had finally sent me a friend request.

I'm not naturally a rude person who rejects an honest offer of friendship, but a LINE request wasn't exactly that, so I ignored it. A moment later, Pha sent a picture. It was a photo of the card I made him, the one I had dropped when I went to confess to him on his last day of high school.

When Pha told me that Forth liked me, I knew he was just helping out his friend. But it still hurt so much and I said things that made my past feelings for him much too obvious.

When he sent me a picture of my own note to him, I knew he was laughing at me. He said it himself when we were in high school. He liked girls. The thought of being with a guy gave him the creeps. I'm such a fool.

Suddenly I couldn't control myself, and I burst out laughing. Maybe I was laughing at myself. Maybe I was laughing at my hopeless one-sided love. Maybe I was laughing at the whole situation. Either way, laughing is better than crying. Laughing eased the pain.

"I'm sorry P'Forth," I said, my laughter lightening the mood. "I was being a jerk. Can you forgive me?"

Forth put his hand on my shoulder, offering me friendship and support in his effortless way. I have the best friends in the world.

"Should we go out to get some food before we have to go back? My treat," I said, wanting to show him how much I appreciated him.

Forth accepted, so I sent a quick message to Ming, telling him we were stopping for food and asking him to collect our bags from the bus when he got back. Then I turned off my phone, wanting to forget Pha and his games for awhile. It was time to focus on myself and what I really wanted.

 It was time to focus on myself and what I really wanted

Phana's POV

Yo ignored my friend request and didn't respond to any of my messages. I was just going to have to find him in person. We went to the drop off point. We waited in the parking lot for ten minutes. Yo still wasn't responding to my messages. Both Beam and Kit called him, but went straight to Yo's voicemail.

When the bus finally arrived, we watched as Ming got out and pulled three bags out of the bus to put in his car.

"N'Ming, have you seen N'Yo?" I asked, walking up to talk to him.

"He went out to eat with P'Forth on the way home. I'm meeting them at Ai'Yo's apartment in awhile to drop off their bags," Ming responded.

"N'Yo doesn't get sick on Ai'Forth's motorcycle?" Beam asked.

"No, he doesn't have any problem. He's usually fine in cars too, as long as it isn't a really long drive. He just has to watch the road," Ming responded. "Sorry, I've got to get going. I need to pick up something to eat for myself before I drop off these bags. Do you want to join me?"

He looked expectantly at Kit. Kit quickly refused for all of us, a grumpy look on his face. It wasn't new, he was grumpy a lot, but from the way Kit and Ming looked at each other, I knew something must be going on there. But I was too busy with my own problems to think about Kit's right now.

Kit and Beam dropped me off at my dorm and I went to my room to wait for Yo to come home. After I put my things away and got myself cleaned up, I went down to knock on Yo's door. No one answered. There was still no answer on his phone either. I sat on the floor, my back against his door and waited.

A soft "Pha" woke me up. Pring was standing outside her door. I looked down at my watch to see that about an hour had passed.

"Were you waiting for me?" Pring asked. She sounded pleased. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I also didn't want her to have expectations of me.

"Actually I was waiting for N'Yo, have you seen him?" I said.

"Pha, why are you so worried about that boy?" Pring asked. "You've never acted like this before. What kind of relationship do you have with him?"

"It's nothing really," I said, feeling pressured. "I just need to talk to him."