Letting Go

Joss's POV

Yo sent me a text, letting me know about all his awards. He sent me a picture of his sashes and a link to the competition webpage, so I could watch the whole thing. I was so happy for both him and for Ming.

The hardest news to accept was his news about Forth. I was thrilled that Yo had finally given up his ridiculous crush on stupid Phana, but hearing about Forth had still been difficult. I wanted him to be happy, so I pushed the pain down and smiled.

When I'd left to move to London, I'd done everything I could to help Yo gain some confidence, but I still wondered why it had taken so long for him to develop his self-esteem. He'd taken down all the pictures of Pha, and let other friends take a place in his life. He'd even thrown out the bracelet that he'd bought for Pha.

Now he seemed truly happy. Even if things didn't work out with Forth, I still felt like Yo would be okay. He seemed to have finally understood his own worth.

It was hard, knowing that Forth was with Yo now, but I was happy for him. Yo deserved so much joy, and I would never regret the love I had for him. He had moved on from his one-sided love and I would do the same. I would learn to love him like a brother. No matter what, I would always love Yo.

Author's Note: I wanted to end Joss's part in this story with a little bit more than just a last conversation with Forth and Yo

Author's Note: I wanted to end Joss's part in this story with a little bit more than just a last conversation with Forth and Yo. I needed to feel like Joss was going to be happy too, because he was such a big part of Yo's journey to self-worth. So I'm sending out a little love to Joss Wayar, who is the face and name behind the character. Thanks Khun! Good luck in all you do.