Chapter 1

Luna sat quietly, waiting. It was one am and he was still not back. She had deliberately made his favorite food, chicken Alfredo. She realized that their marriage was becoming too dull for him and their sex life was almost non-existent. That spoke volumes because Zach loved sex. He couldn't keep his hands off her even after their honeymoon, and that was two years ago.

She wanted them to talk about the 'elephant' that was in their house for the past six months now, but their jobs and daily outings had postponed it numerous times.

An hour later, she heard the entrance door to their three bedroom apartment open. He was home, she got up and straightened her silver off-shoulders dress. The dress was meant to get her laid, although that was not the main reason. She just wanted to look good for her husband.
Zach came into view and his steps faltered, not expecting his wife to still be awake.

" Luna, what's going on?" he asked as she approached him for a hug. Her husband was really handsome when they were in high school. The captain of the football team and one of the popular guys in school. He wouldn't have noticed her if not for the fact that they were neighbors and grew up together.  Not that he wasn't good looking now, but drugs had changed the way he looked even after rehab. He walked with a bit of a slouch and his blonde hair fell on his shoulders. He had grown skinny after college but Luna still loved him. He was her first love.

" I wanted us to talk after eating" she replied when she stood In front of him.
" Is something the matter?" He asked worriedly.

"No, it's no bigger" she replied smiling . " I just felt like we needed to talk" she added on, as she took his hands in hers. " Stop freaking out" she whispered. Pulling him in for a hug which he seemed reluctant to do. Luna stiffened when she smelt feminine perfume emitting strongly from him

No it can't be. Victoria's secret blossom fragrance.

Luna composed herself and pulled away smiling. " Come on, I cooked your favourite".
She quickly removed his coat and pulled out a chair for him. She turned wanting to his dinner, but he caught her wrist.

"Babe, please just tell me what is going on" he said tiredly." I just want to go to bed, it's too late to eat dinner"
Luna's heart sank. She had really wanted him to after all the effort into preparing him the meal.
"Well okay" . She slowly sat beside him wringing her hands. She thought him eating would have brought her some time on how to approach with the pending problem.

"Zach you know I love you right.." she started.
"I already know that, please get straight to the point!" He replied, getting irritated.

"We okay, well........ I've realized that we don't seem to have time to ourselves anymore. I love you and I want this marriage to work, so I was thinking maybe we  could go on dates on Fridays or spend our Saturday at the gym together. We can also have movie nights-"

Zach got up before angrily she was done talking.
"I don't have the time for all those extra activities and you know that" he said while rubbing his fingers in his hair
"I'm tired, all I want to do right now is sleep. Please can I go to sleep Luna?"

"What about what I said, will you think-"
"Goodnight Luna!" He shouted as picked his coat and left the table cutting her  off.

She stood there watching him leave, hurt and and fear consumed her. She was losing her husband to an invisible enemy.

               .     🎗️🎀---------------🎗️🎀
Hey hey hey
So this is very first book and my first time writing on Wattpad. So please expect some teeny tiny grammar errors.

Hope you are all safe wherever you are.
Please drop your helpful comments and advice if you have any cause, I'm a novice.

Still trying to figure out how to do the cover though, any ideas?

Don't forget
Hit that star button! ✨ and comment!🗣️👄