1. I am Here

Aarthi's POV

I looked in the mirror and felt nervous like I am going to faint at any moment. Whenever I feel this way, my palms and neck will start to sweat hysterically and I really hate that. The last time I experienced this was some five months ago when I went for a driving license test. Even at that time, I didn't feel this anxious but today it's too much to handle. This day my family is going to decide whether I can stay in my house or I will be kicked out of my little own world after getting married to a stranger.

I don't want to come out of my comfort zone, I have this beautiful life around me and I don't want to leave this place for at least some months. But my dad is so eager to get me out of this house. Every father's greatest duty is to marry off their daughter to the right person. My father is not an exception in that, he has been searching for the right person ever since I completed my BSc Agriculture degree. Then, at last, he found someone who got all the qualities that he listed to marry me.

Rich, somewhat good-looking, and a guy who's from a good family. I don't know how he found that guy! Two days before, my dad told me that they were coming to see me. I frowned and asked my dad to cancel it but he's too stubborn than me.

I don't know anything about that man, my dad purposely asked everyone to not disclose the details because he knows that I will pester him to stop this meeting and make an emotional drama. He's so intelligent in these kinds of stuff!

Now my nervousness is all about these two things! One, I don't want that guy to like me. Two, my dad shouldn't like him. Even if any one of these does happen in this meeting then there's no way for this marriage and I really wish that my dad shouldn't like that guy.

No one is going to listen to my opinion anyway. As I wanted to continue my MSc and waste my time doing a Ph.D. yeah that's what my dad thought when I told him about my wish to study further.

Staring at my pretty reflection, I thought of all these things. Today I look beautiful, my elder cousin sister did a wonderful job by experimenting with her makeup skills upon me. It's not bad, to actually say. The one thing I hate is the choice of this red lipstick. She told me that it's a match for my red saree but I think it's too bright for me. I took a napkin and wiped out most of it.

Okay, whatever is going to happen is all for your good, I said to myself.

"Hey, Aarthi," my aunt (Dad's sister) got my attention. She's a female version of my dad with some sweet side.

I turned and looked at her sadly, "Don't keep that face, Aarthi, they have arrived," she frowned, and hearing that made me nervous.

"I will call you and please don't say any negative things to your dad. Whatever his decision please accept it, don't fight with him, okay?" she told and I nodded looking away. She pinched my cheeks to cheer me up.

"If I really don't like him please don't compel me, please," I said for the one last time.

"I won't but you should give me a valid reason or else your dad will never hear it. You know him right," she said, giving no hope. I become gloomy because if my mom was here then she would have heard my decision. I really miss her now, my dad is a very strict man and not at all a sweet father. Ever since my mother died six years ago he has become that way. He's afraid that I will turn into a brat. He has his extra-ordinary fears! What I can do than fight with him for his idiotic thoughts? I have even stayed without talking to him for weeks but I don't know how can I leave him here alone. He's all I have.

Maybe this is one of the reasons I don't want to get married now.

As she said, I should find a proper reason so that I can argue with my dad. But how can I find it?