19. Loss of everything

The human mind can constantly change while running towards the desire. We sacrifice a lot to get it and after we found what we have desired, the things we sacrificed will make you look awful.

The choices you made without knowing the consequences, it can't be reversed. In the end, you can never escape your own tormenting voice.

"Don't feel bad, have you seen how many people are there for the abortion," he told holding me while we walk into the house after murdering an innocent life. Even the physical pain doesn't hurt me much than his fake-concern-filled words.

I bite my lower to stop myself to yell at him. "Please stop talking, I don't have the strength to hear it," I said and sat on the couch.

He persuaded for the last days to abort the child, I tried as much I can but I couldn't bear that anymore when he asked me chose between him and the child, so I sacrificed my child. I don't have that heart to do this sin but thinking that everything in life happens for a reason, so asking forgiveness from God and to my unborn child, I agreed.

If I have kept that child, he would have tortured me and after birth, he would have distressed that poor kid. I know that he's not a good person as he shows off to others. And my poor mind understands that now.

There's something bothering him deeply, which he's trying so hard to hide and now seeing his true self is scaring me and I think whether I should continue living a life like this?

"Are you hungry? Do you want anything?" he asked sitting near my foot.

"No, I just want to sleep," I said and laid on the couch.
"Why don't you come upstairs?" he caressed my foot.

"Can you go and do your work instead of talking to me," I annoyed.

"Okay," he nodded and went upstairs.
After he left, I called my dad to inform him that I am coming home tomorrow. Ending the call, I walked to the kitchen to get some water to drink.

I know, I will get the repay for what I have done, so instead of repenting, I accept the way it is.

After changing his clothes, Vijay came down carrying pillows and sheets. I don't want to look at his face, it irritates me more than anything and I despise being here. If he had a little concern like he said, then he wouldn't have hurt me this much.

"I want to go home, tomorrow," I said.

"Why all of a sudden?"

"I just want to go, don't worry I won't tell anything," I said sitting on the couch.

"I know you're angry on me but you won't feel bad for this someday in the future," he said standing at the door side watching the beautiful evening sky.
"What's there to feel bad or blessed in this. I hate myself now, that's all I feel." I gritted and laid back on the couch.

"You don't have to do that. Tomorrow I will drop you at your house," he said.

"Just drop me at the bus stop. You don't have to come there," I ended the conversation and covered myself in the bedsheets.

Turning off the lights, Vijay walked to the bedroom not interested to console me.

Though I couldn't sleep anymore, I feel myself in a state where I am deprived of emotions. I feel like a stone.

The next morning, before going to his work, Vijay dropped me at the bus stop. I felt relaxed when he's not with me. That one-hour travel without any other thoughts stopped that turmoil in my head.

My dad was lying in his bed and watching television when I entered home.

"Appa,"

"Aarthi, you came. I was waiting for you since morning," he said.