26. Mirage

I opened my eyes with only silence enfolding me along with this comforting bedsheet. This morning is so different compared to all other mornings that have come in my life. Vijay finally said everything to me, this is a hope for our happy future and I am glad that he came close to me.

I smiled with that thought and turned to my side to find Vijay, nowhere. I got down and went to get a nightie from the cupboard. The sun is peering brightly through the window and I thought it must be past nine or ten. I made way to the kitchen after finishing off my morning chores.

The door is closed and I moved to open it. Strangely it's locked from outside. I went to get the key but it's not in the place where it usually be. I sighed and thought Vijay must have locked it accidentally.

After making a cup of tea, I went to the backside door hoping it will open but to my surprise it's also locked and the key is nowhere.

Something itched me, so I placed the cup in the dining table and walked to the bedroom to get my phone. I searched it on every corner of the house but it has vanished without a trace.

I become nervous because I have no way to contact him.

How could this happen? Did he lock all the doors and took my phone purposely? I thought and came downstairs.

Through the window, I saw the security isn't here. But I guess he won't come.

Don't know what else to do, I walked to get my tea and sat on the couch.

Why had he done this? Does he think I will run away? Or I will say this to the people I know? Am I a fool to think that we still can be happy?

Is he really normal enough to move on in life?

No don't think him like that, he's must have mistakenly closed the doors, I said to myself. I try not to think it as how it actually be but I tried to think in the other way where he has no other intentions in doing this and it's all a mistake.

My face frowned sadly when all my hope that right after this day we will start anew relationship has vandalized and gone in the way as how it came. It hurts to know that there's no end to the suffering –his suffering.

My eyes welled in tears but I try not to cry. I feel like I am just stuck in an endless maze. Each time I see a light I run towards it only to hit on the wall and fall down. How I am going to find a way? How? I thought and spilled the tears that couldn't stay in there in my eyes anymore.

I passed the time, sitting near the window and thinking about how I am going to talk to him after he comes home. Why it is so hard to get a little bit of love from him? Why it is so hard to create that contentment in our life?

Again god only knows what's bothering him.

In the evening when I am resting in the bed, I heard the door unlocking sound so I immediately strolled out to find Vijay again locking the door. His hand carried a food parcel.

"Why you're doing this?" I asked and he turned to me with a smile.

"What I did?"

"Why you locked me in?" I knotted my eyebrows.

"I... did you had lunch? Why the house is messy?" he walked past me and I rolled my eyes.

"Why you're not answering me?"

"What you want me to answer?" he scowled.
"Why you took my phone?"

And when he gave only the silence as his reply I continued, "I am not going to say this to anyone. You need to trust me,"

"I am hungry shall we have dinner?" he said without minding my words.

Tears bristled from my eyes. "Why you're acting strangely?"